Tuesday, April 8, 2008
AI Week 8
So it was inspirational week. I don't know if I was totally uplifted, but I do like these weeks because you get a little random sampling of music, rather than really bad 80's songs and stuff like that. Michael Johns, I'm a bit worried about his second week in a row with a neckerchief. Hmmm...I think he needs some help in the wardrobe department, and the vest doesn't help either. Also, his hair is bordering on mulletness. BUT, I realize this is a music competition, so I'll say I thought he was good. I liked his song choice. I think he is an awesome performer, but I have to say that he doesn't have the best vocals. Not sure if Mr. Johns can win this competition, but he isn't the worst either. Syesha, now I know I said before I'll stick to analyzing the singing, which I will, but I will also say that she is a very cute girl. Love her looks, her style, her clothes, classy chic! But, I'm still bugged by her singing. She needs to do something else besides her Whitney/Mariah thing. That can't win her the competition. She was good technically, although I will say that she was a bit pitchy dog, but she did better this week with staying on the beat. Which I'm sure you can guess I appreciate. This could be her week. I agree with Randy somehow she just doesn't connect, even though she is good. Almost like she is just singing the song to get graded in a class or something. Jason Castro, by far the best of the night! Totally agree with Randy "Molten hot!" :-) I will still say that I did not dig his shirt(felt like with his low V-neck that any minute he would have some clevage come out. But speaking of clevage- WHOA PAULA! I was waiting for her to get censored!!) and also we need to scruff Jason up(With facial hair, but not even sure if he is old enough for facial hair yet). But I did appreciate his no sock look (shout out to my little brother Adam- Holla, no socks!). I still love my hippie man. He has issues, but this was his week by far! David Cook, I enjoyed his song for the most part. I did not enjoy his white jacket, like Simon. But I also did not enjoy his back up singers! I think that they ruined the song for him. They over powered him. I will also say I thought I had never heard that song before but my sister assured me that I had (and she was right because I looked it up and it was familiar) Not good when you massacre a song to the point that you aren't sure if you have heard it before. But it does seem like the sort of song he could make a good album with. Thank goodness for his hair help!! Praise to whoever helped that boy! Kristy Lee Cook, all I could think the entire time is "I bet she is getting a lot of votes for that shirt she is wearing" She pretty much reminded me of the girls in "Footloose" farmer hotties in tank tops and jeans. She is just my cup of tea and that is saying it nicely. It's not cause she is country, it's just cause. David ArchuLOTTA, I liked him tonight. He is always consistent though. His voice is AWESOME! My brother Adam says when you close your eyes though you hear a young boy. I will disagree there dawg, he does sound "younger" but not like little boy. Tonight I thought his voice was rich and full. Way to go ArchuLOTTA. Although one minor criticism, I think that the piano ruined his game. He is much better just singing. He looked like he was concentrating too much on the piano. Carly Smithson, Please please please say she might have ruined her chances tonight. She is just an angry woman, and not a good angry woman, cause I do like women with some sass. But more like an angry woman that would bug the heck out of ya. And she did with that song. And Simon was just being nice cause I thought she looked worse this week then she did the week before! But also she just didn't sing the song well. It had a lot of pitch problems and yelling problems and it wasn't inspirational in the least! Brooke White, I thought she was good. But I was really scared for her song choice. Generally I don't think people like that song because they have just heard it too much. It has a good message, but it's over played! I'm a little worried that people will start picturing Brooke as a little to syrupy sweet, running through the poppies if she doesn't get a little more to her than James Taylor stuff. I think she needs to add a little more Cheryl Crow vibe, with a bit more rock at times. I think she is marketable though. But will she get the votes, cause sometimes she just seems too much you know? Anyway, I hope she stays though. Good week for AI, it's getting tough now because really mostly they are all talented, although some just plain bug me. So you never know who will go home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Yo, this season is crazy dawg!! Some weeks I love certain peeps, and the next I really don't dig it. So, it is hard to say who will be going home. It's anybody's guess. However, I LOVED Jason Castro. Really love it!!! The no socks deal was nasty however, and I completely agree with the weird shirt choice. David Archuleta made me nervous, but he pulled through (and I just feel like giving him a hug because he looks like he is on the verge of an emotional meltdown). Gotta love that kid! Michael Johns was good, but pretty dorky really. I think Carly, Syesha, or Brooke could go this week. Let's keep our fingers crossed for Carly!
So, yeah. Carly did not look good or sound good by any means. David Archuleta does look like he's on the verge of a breakdown, but he sounded fantastic. He always has good moments in his songs, where the emotion totally comes through. Although you couldn't even hear the piano he was playing, so why bother? I really didn't like David Cook. I totally agree with Simon--he comes across as pompous when he is performing. And I thought his "give back" palm reading was totally lame.
Post a Comment