Wednesday, April 2, 2008
AI Week 7
Obviously when a night of country is picked it is geared toward one specific singer, our country cutie(said sarcastically of course) Kristy Lee Cook, but to me tonight she missed the mark. But let's start at the beginning, I also find the country nights hilarious because Simon never likes him. The Brit just doesn't get country. So I was prepared for a night full of he "just doesn't get it" and I wasn't disappointed. Although I have to say in general I don't like country I do have some I like Dolly Parton is one of them. She is just full of spunk and sass in her itty bitty 5 foot (or something like that) frame and I dig that! So Brooke White, I liked it! I also dug her little small band thingie she had going. Of course Simon didn't get it but the rest of us did. Good job Brooke! Ramiele, she is a sad case. I thought she did well tonight, I liked her song choice, I like her voice but she has zero stage presence. I just don't know what to do with her. I don't think she will ever "grow into" that stage presence so I'm afraid she must go, but as we saw from last week, obviously she has a fan base so who knows! David Cook, umm...okay, I don't get a song choice about sparrows. But the one prop that I will give him is his HAIR!!! Thank goodness someone helped him with his hair. And I was so happy that Paula made a comment because she reinforced the niceness of not having it matted to his face. I liked it because it was somewhat reminiscent of my one true love Robert Smith from The Cure. And by the way, why not have a Cure night? Now that I would like to see! Jason Castro, I thought he was the bomb dawg! I generally like his out there personality and looks. He did good tonight! Apparently Dave voted for him plenty, I wasn't around last night for the voting, but Matthew kept saying "All Dad voted for was #4" Way to go Dave cause I liked him! Carly Smithson, I don't need to tell you that I don't like her, but I will one more time. I was trying to analyze why it is that I don't like her this week. I think it's because mainly SHE thinks she is the winner. Like she always kind of has the look of "why are we here, I already one this thing!" So I don't like that dawg! And I didn't like her performance. I know I'm mean but I kind of dug it when Simon asked her "who was dressing her" I couldn't agree more! And I thought it took her down a notch. Sorry Carly, you will never convert me. David ArcuLOTTA (which is what Matthew calls him and I think is hilarious on many levels) you rocked the house!! You did awesome. I love that kid and I also like who is dressing him. Way to go!! Kristy Lee Cook, no girl, please where shoes!! When you don't wear shoes and you dress like Joss Stone, you just look like a wanna be. She did okay on her song and I actually always love that song when Dolly sings it, but with her you could tell she had no emotion about it whatsoever. Her mom has never made her a coat of many colors! ;-) And Syesha, I'm making a prediction, I think it is her week to go (altuough I've made predictions in the past so who knows!). She has a good voice but for some reason she just doesn't bring it fully or connect somehow with the audience. And again I will say she drives me NUTS cause she takes to many liberities with the timing of the songs. It's good now and then to be off beat, but not EVERY note or phrase! ARGH! And you don't have to pretend to cry to bring across emotion. She is a pretty girl and I think she is talented but she should go do Broadway. Michael Johns he really brought it tonight!! Way to go Michael! I loved it, probably my favorite performance of the night. What I didn't get was the neckerchief and leather coat, a bit smarmy, but okay I'll forgive cause he rocked the house dawg! Anyway, should be interesting to see what happens. And thank you Dolly for being a cutie and writing awesome songs (minus the sparrow song).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Yes, I did not like the sparrow song, but at least this week I could look at the TV since David's hair was much better!! David Archuleta was the bomb-diggity tonight - I was honestly getting a little nervous for him, but he pulled through. I loved Brooke's song, and I REALLY loved the little band thing goin' on. Simon was wrong on that. Ramiele - I couldn't wait for that to be over. She was mostly off-pitch half the time, and her little self just can't handle the stage. As soon as Syesha started singing I knew I wasn't going to like it, because come on...nobody can sing it better than Whitney. I think she's a gonner. And I LOVED Michael Johns and Jason Castro (who I have never really like before). They were both awesome!! However, Castro needs to wear some pants that are more loose. With the hair, pretty face, and top that off with butt tight pants...that makes for looking like a girl. Sorry dawg! I still loved him though!
Yeah, I liked Brooke White's little mini band and her guitar playing. I was happy to see, as well, that David Cook got a FREAKIN' hair cut! I also loved that Simon basically told Carly she looks hideous--because she has for a few weeks now. And she always has an annoying mouth when she sings the word "you." I loved Archuleta and his clothes. I does make you feel the emotions of the song, unlike Kristy Lee Cook. But, my favorite by far for the night was Michael Johns. LOVE him! I would definitely by a record of his.
Oh, and I agree with Catherine about Jason Castro and his pants. A couple of weeks or so ago he had on some tight nude color jeans or something. And he looked pantsless!
I so agree with Carly, Brooke, David A, and Michael but you and I see it differently with Jason!
I guess we'll get to see the results tonight!! :)
Post a Comment