Tuesday, May 6, 2008

AI- Week 12

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, sounds harmless enough, but let me assure you that on American Idol, you will never be disappointed for jaw dropping weird performances! Interesting night. I think the night proved basically one thing, that David ArchuLOTTA is most likely taking the competition.

First up, David Cook. I will give him props for one thing dawg, he sang an 80's song, and if you know me, you know I am down with that! But please David Cook, don't hunt us! He was really scaring me when he was pretending to actually BE the wolf in his performance! Youch! He is in fact no Simon Lebon! And is anyone else a bit scared of his tight neckless? That perhaps it is indeed too tight and is what is causing his strange "come hither" like faces during his performances?;-) And the second song, The Who song (which I have no idea what is called but I have heard it several times before, and let me just go on record as saying I hate The Who)was a much better song for him. He actually looked somewhat humbled after the performance. I think he definately should make it to a face off with David Archuletta, wouldn't that be an interesting thing to watch.

Syesha...well..the first thing I thought when she said she was singing "Proud Mary" was OH NO. And sorry, but I was right! Her dancing actually made me really uncomfortable (some of those moves were a bit Las Vegasesque in my opinion) and you know, I thought "Proud Mary" was supposed to be fast. I think that Syesha spoke too soon to herself in the mirror on that one. I really missed Tina Turner on that song! Also, I really miss Syesha's hair. I'm not likin her new look at all dawgs. She was so cute before! The second song was okay. Sorry, I know she is trying to pull on heartstrings with "the meaning" of the song and all that, but the truth is, I ageed with Randy, her vocals just weren't as good. I think the song was too low for her range. She is a good singer, but it probably wasn't the best song choice for her.

Jason Castro, I'm not really sure what can be said about him. OH, but let me start with a few things. I think he may be actually TRYING to get himself voted OFF the show!? It is perplexing, but I think true! I have never seen someone actually go anti-good in their performances, completely backwards! I think he was trying to actually NOT be good! There were indeed several points throughout "I Shot the Sheriff" where I hid my face in my hands. THAT was unbearable! At first I was thinking, COOL- reggae on the show might be a nice twist-but then when I realized he was going to do any better than dancing with his friends around a drum circle in the park good, I was stunned! If you watched carefully, I think you can actually see the guys playing the brass instruments, particularly the sax dude, trying hard NOT to laugh! That was just...well...really there are no words! And did anyone scream out when he said he was doing "The Bob's" on the show tonight because you thought he was daft enough to pick another Bob Marley song! But Bob Dylan my friend wasn't much better dawg! And the whole forgetting the lyrics, I didn't even buy it. It was again his conspiracy to be even worse than he would have already naturally been. PLEASE America, let's not keep Jason on just cause we like his hair (and this pains me to say because I think I would like him in person- with his earthiness and all, and yes his man-lady hair) because the other 3 actually have some talent dawg! And we will put us ALL (including him) out of our misery!

David ArchuLOTTA... APPLAUSE...APPLAUSE...APPLAUSE! He was the molten hot lava tonight! It was kind of sad in a way he didn't show us that he COULD rock if he wanted to. BUT I still thought his vocals were THE BOMB! He blew EVERYONE out of the water. Not to mention that Randy used the word "caress" in his critique of his performance, now that is hot dawg! But really David ArchuLOTTA should win for mere humanities sake. He just seems like the most humble, likeable, nice, talented guy! I think those type of people are hard to come by these days. So if I could choose, I would hand a guy like ArchuLOTTA with the talent that he has a nice big fat recording contract and a lot of money and probably not the one that wants to hunt me like a wolf with his eyes!lol David ArchuLOTTA, our Utah native.. YOU GO BOY!!!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I pretty much agree with you on every single point you made this week. I am sick and tired of David Cook's half-closed eye look. Syesha was like some type of Vegas impersonation show. Castro, oh Castro. I thought the same as you on the "The Bobs" comment! And I also thought that he wanted to flip off American Idol world and walk off the stage, because he's so sick of sucking. But alas there was ArchuLOTTA to lead us out of the dark. He was AWESOME! We watched both of his songs a couple of times. He is just so naturally talented! And he was the only one that didn't come across at all karaoke. Go cute ArchuLOTTA! (I think Mom would really like him, btw. What do you think?)

I saw on the news last night that the we can go cheer for his American Idol homecoming scenes on Friday at Murray High. Shall we? :)

Catherine said...

Perhaps we shall!! That would be molten hot lava for sure! And I agree that Mom would love ArchuLOTTA because he's just so cute and real. Gotta love it! And I agree, Castro worried me to no end. He absolutely wrecked Bob Marley (who I'm sure was turning in his grave), and Bob! But when he said "I'm doing the Bob's" that would have been hilarious if he did another Bob Marley after Simon ripped him a new one. I also witnessed the sax player trying not to laugh. I'm glad you caught that too. And Syesha - "somebody wasn't likin' it!" That was just awful! Her dancing SCARED ME!! I've officially had enough of David Cook though. Talk about overrated. He thinks he's all sexy, but he ain't. But given all that, ArchuLOTTA should be the winner hands down. I love the Utah flava! It's fresh.

Jen said...

Yes! Yes! Yes!!! Everything you said. And we ALL screamed out at the "Bob's" comment. I think he must smoke some before he goes out on stage, he's way too relaxed. He should have been out of there LONG ago. David A., maybe it's because he's about the same age as our dd, but we want to just hug him. He's got our approval and praise, and votes!

Nici said...

I agree that Jason was trying to get off the show. He knew that he was totally out of his element. I worry about Archuletta winning though. He is too innocent, and I am afraid that they (meaning the record execs) will form him into something unrecognizable. He is definitely the most talented though.