Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Aww Man !!


What is up with you 12 million who did not vote??!! I'm going to come and hunt you down! I knew that Archie wasn't well off when Simon started to apologize to David C. That was a MAJOR bad sign. Cause Simon can't look like an idiot, even though he did because he had it right the first time calling Archie the winner. Poor Mr. Archie! What a sweetie! I hope that his fate is not sealed like many a second runner up in the past, except for Clay Aiken, although he is questionable. Hopefully he can continue on to an awesome career cause he is a musical gem. But enough of the fact that the entire AI season 7 is now tainted cause "hungry like the wolf" won. Let's get on to the highlights of the show tonight. It was actually pretty good. Here are some things that I enjoyed/or thought were funny:
I really think it is funny and cheesy the way they make the contestants group sing. If you watch Amanda our favorite 2 toned hair lady, she doesn't even pretend to sing or dance during these numbers. That to me is hilarious! And I did NOT miss her voice whatsoever. I LOVED the Gladys and the Pips thing, totally funny! I thought David C's performance with ZZ Top was going to be cool but it was just minimal. I didn't even rock out to the usually rockable song. I thuroughly enjoyed Carrie Underwood, she is the bomb diggity dawgs. She rocks the country house and I don't even like country, but I like her. I also thought that Archie's performance with One Republic (Shout out to Annie who reminds me of this song! Holla!) to Apologize -or just "Pologize" as I like to call it -was so totally good!! I would like a recording of that one! And I love Seal, not Seal with Syesha, but just Seal for coming on the show. Then what was probably the all time bomb for me when they started the George Michael set and I said to Dave "PLEASE let George Michael come out" and then he did! And he sang that song, which I totally love. And that just made the entire show! I was impressed with the level of coolness that AI is pulling out the last couple of seasons. They are becoming almost like a real concert! Anyway, sad times dawg pound. But, hey we have another season to look forward to and if Archie ever does pull out a CD, I will go buy it! Sorry Archie, you should of won!!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I was seriously in shock last night! Especially because our Tivo did the fateful end of the show "bong" as Seacrest said "David....Co." It was harsh. I think Simon made all the apathetic Cook fans mad the other night and drove them to the phones in anger to vote millions of times. What a rip off! I was really hoping for a hometown win. But it was a good final show last night. I especially ejoyed "Pologize"--thanks for the shout out. Holla!! Oh, and of course hearing and seeing my real one true love--Michael Johns.

Catherine said...

What the heck?! Yeah Margs...where were your 12 million votes yo?! That was just the saddest thing. However, I agree - once Simon "pologized" to Cookster I turned to Steve and said "this means Cook won because Simon can't lose his street cred in the music world." It's a big shame! I think Archie will pull through and perhaps even get a better record deal (which is what happened to the Aiken man). And apparently (from Steve's Murray High School patients) the ArchuLOTTA's have sold their house and are moving to L.A. So they must think he's got somethin' coming. Good times! Oh, and Carrie Underwood is the bomb!! Except she needed some pants last night - just in keeping with some fashion advice for the post. :)

Nici said...

I know, it is all my fault. I only voted 5 times. I should have voted 12 million more. I did love Carrie's song, although, why wasn't Paula rocking out? She always dances, even when the song isn't danceable. But she just sat there during the most exciting performance. I also loved Archie with One Republic. I just love that song. I was a little upset with the vote, but David A will still make a good CD, which I will still purchase.

Jen said...

I know he was robbed! I can't believe that there were 12 million people who didn't think Archuleta was the best! I was pretty upset but I am slowly getting used to the idea.