Tuesday, May 13, 2008

AI Week-Who knows!

Well, one bright shining light on this day for me when I have had 4 wisdom teeth yanked from my head, is AI! Forgive me if I mess up because I have been on pain killer narcotics today, but I sobered up just in time for AI and my sister Cathi to bring me a much needed chocolate shake! But let's get started...no one blew me away tonight, but of course I still have comments!

David ArcuLOTTA first up. I thought he did an awesome job on the song Paula picked for him. I was NOT into the microphone echo thingie. That just detracted. And I agreed with Randy either him playing the song or someone else on the piano with him would have been killer on that song! Next up, his song choice..hmm..I had never heard that song before. And actually I liked him singing it! I didn't think it was that far of a fetch for him, although agreeing once again with Randy, maybe he could have left out the word "boo". Since I wasn't quite sure on what that word meant and neither was Dave, no worries, here is the meaning out of the :"Online Slang dictionary" for all of us really albastar white folks! Boo: "boyfriend of girlfriend. Example-Me and my boo are going to the movies tonight." So there you have it! lol Now onto the 3rd and possibly worst song choice of the night and that would be Longer. I think with this song the producers were trying to get ArchuLOTTA kicked. Either 1- kicked off the show or 2- getting his butt kicked when he goes back to high school! Either way that was NOT a good choice. Poor kid! But he sang the heck out of it. Way to go ARCH! I'm still crossing my fingers for your win and loved watching your homecoming to good ole UT this week!

Syesha, okay, her first song was probably the best of the night that Randy choose. I thought she did a good job singing, although I always find myself thinking "we have enough singers like her" and doing her genre that I just can't see how she can win. Her second song was VERY sketchy. Don't get me wrong, I like Broadway, and was doing a broadwayesque performance, but it is on a singing show! I just CANNOT stand performances like this when off of broadway. Not my cup of tea at all! Her 3rd being not her fault but one picked for her was really not good at all. It wasn't that I didn't like the song or could her sing it. I just KNEW she couldn't sing it because she was WAY out of tune in my opinion. To me she was off kilter the entire song. Not good at all! I felt bad for her when Paula said she couldn't make it tonight, but that was the truth dawg. I'm afraid she is out, although I think she is one talented little lady. Let's hope if she gets out she will be allowed to cut off her extensions and get her cute style back!

David Cook, what to say. His first song is actually one of my favorite songs of all times and in my mind is me and Dave's "song". It is totally like our love story. So I was excited to hear it, but not from David Cook. Although I was pleasantly surprised and was actually shocked by his good singing skills. I didn't like his arrangement,but I'm glad he showed off his vocal skills. His second song choice, I have no idea the name, was good and definately his genre. He seemed a bit pitchy though for sure Dawg (way to go Randy, I guess I'm on your side this week). And Paula was also right that it just kind of left you hangin at the end. His 3rd song was of course totally him. It didn't blow me away like as to give him a standing ovation (Paula looking in your direction!) But it was a good song for his rocking and singing abilities. Overall he did do a good job. And it will be good against evil if he and Arch are in the top 2, which I'm hoping they are. A totally cool showdown of 2 totally different talents! I look forward to next week! But then what will I write about on my blog after that? Maybe my wisdom teeth pulling and other mundane things! lol But that is the very life of life isn't it! And so is AI, love it!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh the wisdom teeth! Hope you are doing okay, and I'm glad you were feeling up to watching the show tonight.

I agree about Aruchleta--I liked him singing the Chris Brown song and HATED the awkward song the producers chose for him. Alec and I have a conspiracy theory that Archuleta has been so far in the lead that they were just trying to even things up a bit. Syesha--I didn't really like any of her songs tonight. Too bad she had to so overtly play to her sex appeal on her 2nd song to get votes. Yikes! David Cook--I don't know, he always does really well. I just can't seem to get 100% behind him. And he always gets to perform last. What's up with that? Hardly seems fair. (more of the conspiracy theory)

Catherine said...

Very coherent post - when you told me last night you were going to do the AI assessment, I'll be honest, I thought it would be hilarious in a "drugged" sort of way. But, molten hot lava dawg!

Okay, ArchuLOTTA - loved the first song, I agree with Simon on the second song - it was sort of unbelievable (maybe because I was just picturing the actually guy singing it, and they are probably polar opposites), and the third song was not the bomb. His voice is amazing and he pulled it out, but it was on the boring side. Yet, anything he sings is pretty much great so I can't complain. Syesha - hated her whole thang! Since she claims she was trying to be herself...I don't like "herself" much. I think she was trying to get the "sexy" vote and it ain't working. I miss the cute frizzy haired girl who was fun. Where did she go? Perhaps Hollywood ate her. David Cook - he was aight. I didn't hate him necessarily, but I didn't like him. He's overrated for sure.

And I believe Annie's conspiracy theory. I think perhaps this happens more than we think. Maybe? I'm excited to see what happens tonight on the results show. Anything can happen at this point I guess. Oh, and thanks for the Tivo use!

Jen said...

I am so sorry about your teeth...ouch! I remember that "fun" experience like it was yesterday and it was a long time ago! Take care.

Monica said...

Oh... I totally feel for you! I had 3 wisdom teeth pulled last year and it totally sucked! I still have 1 left... I'm totally getting put under (yeah, my brother in law is a general dentist and did me the favor, but I was a hard case-hence I still have one left). I really hope you are feeling better!!!

So are you rooting for David Archuletta? I don't even know if I spelled that right!