Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I've Been Cured


So I got to go see The Cure this last weekend! How awesome is that! We dawned our black and channeled our goth. I think this was my 3rd or 4th time seeing them in concert. They are tied for the top spot with Sarah Mclachlan as my fav band/singers of all times! I was so psyched that I knew every song except maybe 3 or 4. They played for 3 hours! Their first set was really long and then they did 3 encores! The best part was that I got to go with my best friend Brooke and her husband Preston! Brooke has been the cheese to my macaroni for the last 19 years! Yes it has been that long! We were those 2 girls in high school that were inseperable. You know the ones that when you said one name you said another, like a couple, only not. lol Brooke has been there for me through thick and thin for the last 19 years. She has supportd me in everything and been through everything! She is one of the nicest, kindest people I have ever met. She rarely says a bad word about anyone, but she is down to earth too and totally hilarious! I can't believe we have been friends since 14 years old. But are we really 33? (Well Brooke isn't yet, not until the end of the week) But we still feel like we are 14. The proof is that we rocked it the entire concert. I don't think we ever stopped dancing. And Brooke dances exactly like when we were in high school and going to stomps! It brought back MANY a memory! We kind of ignored our husbands, but they get it. lol I think if Brooke and I could have rushed the stage we would have. And also there was a moment that our beloved Robert Smith we KNOW was looking right at us! I was trying to chanel him to get some security man to let us back stage. It didn't work. But wouldn't that have been awesome! We saw many a funny thing at the concert some examples, an interesting lady who liked to dance like Molly Ringwald, but was oh so much scarier. And a guy who was very drunk but he had floor seats and liked to think he was the crowd leader down there on the floor. Very strange! Also, the guitarist for The Cure had some interesting, patent leather black pants, see through black shirt and like 5 inch high heels. He was a bit scarey, but other than that The Cure is a good kind of scarey. Oh it was fun to pretend that I was a teenager again. Somehow letting life go for 3 hours can totally fill you up. Just had to share my pics and my love for The Cure! Robert Smith, we love you!







This is our favorite Molly Ringwald lady (just for you Brooke! Too bad I didn't get a pic of her air guitar playing boyfriend)

8 comments:

Catherine said...

Very classic! I'm glad I got to see the real-sized versions of the pictures rather than the camera screen size. The see-through shirt is sketchy for sure!! And I love how cute Brooke looks at a goth/Cure concert. Classic! I'm glad you got to go!

Andrea said...

Oh the Cure--so scary, yet so enjoyable. You look very pretty in the pictures, and I'm glad you were able to have a night out to let your hair down.

Lisa said...

I am so jealous! The Cure is one of my all time favorites!
Even though it is totally not PC, Killing an Arab is still one of my favorite songs...LOL

Holly said...

Margaret, looks like fun! I still feel that young too! How did the years pass by so fast???

Jen said...

That looks so fun! I am jealous... that is definitely my era and The Cure is definitely a classic in my book!

Anonymous said...

If I'm the cheese to your macaroni, then you're the Romy to my Michelle (that was the look I was going for Cathy (wink)! You said it perfectly when you said it was like being a teenager again for 3 hours! I don't know about Dave, but Preston hasn't taken off his Cure t-shirt since!! lol Thanks for the awesome blast from the past! xo

Rach said...

I am so glad you posted your pics from the concert! It was such a great time and thanks for hooking me up! It was so much fun watching you guys have so much fun, and be teenagers again. You know it is always going to be great people watching at these things. Never a dull moment. I am so glad I have finally seen a Cure concert! I have waited a very long time and I was not dissapointed......and Robert Smith totally ROCKS!!!!! on the guitar. Love em.
It is so awsome that we live across the street from each other.... how many neighbors can say that the have the same OBCESSIONS in music...not very many. It only took us 10 yrs to figure it out! LOL ;) I hope it doesn't take another 10 to find out what other things we might have in common...JK. I just have to say.... I totally love R.S., but I still love my Mozzie.

Rach said...

Last night I was watching 120 Min. On VH1 Classic and the showed a Cure vid. I was lovin it. Brought back memories from a week ago.