Tuesday, May 20, 2008

AI-Finale

Well I don't think it was the barn burner that we all hoped for. I think tonight there was a clear winner. And if it turns out like I hope, our sweet 17 David ArchuLOTTA will be the big winner of the season! Interestingly though, I heard that David Cook was favored to win in Vegas, so who knows! But, I was so proud of David A. that you would think I could be his mom, he did awesome! And as we speak, I am still sitting here dialing re-dial for our little Archie. A good sign, his number is frequently busy. Yes, I know some of you are thinking I need a life, because why I am I voting for AI like a 13 year old girl. And I say, isn't that what life is about, the simple funny little things that give us joy and over time all the funny little exerpiences make up for one big happy life. (Oh good now Dave is going to do redial for me so that I can type this! Good times!)

Okay, okay, I'll get to my critique. Let's start with the coin toss, way to go Archie on winning it and picking spot #2, because #1 is rarely remembered (a fact sorely passed on to Syesha many a time that put her in the bottom). So David Cook.... alright I did like his U2 rendition and kudos to Clive Davis who picked that song for him because it was the perfect choice. For me that was one of his better performances throughout the season. It wasn't as pretentious as usual. Although, no worries, he did strut his stuff later on. Oh, quickly, because you know I love to critique the clothing, did anyone else notice that the David's had somewhat twin hair? When they did those spinning boxing clips of them, I noticed that their spikes were basically identical. They need a new hair person! Okay song #2, Dave (wow this is confusing, too many Dave's! lol My Dave, Dave S!) liked it but I did not. It was okay but I could tell that he was really straining his voice on that one. His last song, Collective Soul (which I love and was from my era) I thought was not good the first time I watched it, and then watching it back I would give it maybe a 7 out of 10. I thought he should have rocked the song more. Although I did feel that he showed his passionate self in that song. I thought he did a good job at actually protraying real emotion rather than "I am sexy and you love me" emotion. And did anyone else think that the 180 weight category that they quoted him was being generous!lol He looks like a bit of a puny little man to me.

David ArchuLOTTA, I'm so glad that we have gotten here Archie! I wasn't sure about you in the beginning, but you have come a long way! He proved tonight that his voice was basically flawless and like smooth buttah. I have a theory that you are either born with it or you ain't. David A. was born with it! His voice is so clear and on pitch. LOVE IT! His first song, "Don't Let the Sun" is actually one of my all time favorites. I like both the Elton John version and the George Michael version. Again, Clive Davis, MAJOR kudos for song choice. Where was Clive the rest of the season? David A. BLEW me away on that song! I think that was probably his best performance thus far. Awesome! Okay his second song was very cheesy, but those contest written ones always are. I actually thought it wasn't that bad and really showed off his range. He also blew me away on that song as well! But you know I can't have endless hugs and kisses for David A. I have to make fun of his jacket he wore in the second performance. Who comes up with these things?? A jacket with anchors on it? That's like something I would put Will in on Easter. LOL But moving on to singing.. the third song was of course awesome as well. It was his previous best performance. But I was a little bit put back that he would do a song he has already done. I kind of agreed with David C. on the fact that he should have done a different one. Shocking I know that I would ever side with David C., but he was right. It would have been nice to hear him do something different. But again, it was just a totally molten hot lava moment. I noticed that I watched back every single one of his performances cause they all gave me chills. That kid just rocks the house and I don't think it could happen for a better sweeter person. Way to go Archie! Should be interesting to see if the rest of non-Utah America percieve David A. and if he can indeed win it for the home team! But we are still voting so who knows... And just on a sad note, I will miss AI and all my posts. It has been really fun for me to do this and I have gotten so much feedback from people on my thoughts and their thoughts and have enjoyed many an AI conversation with folks. I really have enjoyed making stronger ties with people even if it is through AI. Thanks for reading. And of course I will right a small ditty tomorrow about the winner and either I'll be totally mad and disgusted by our "hungry like the wolf man" or I'll be totally thrilled. Either way, it's been fun. PEACE OUT DAWGS!

6 comments:

Catherine said...

I know! What am I going to do without my Wednesday morning AI blog reading routine?! No good dawg. But, another season will be here before we know it.

Alright, I completely agreed with you on pretty much every point about David Cook. He didn't show up much tonight dawg. I slightly wonder if by putting them side by side, without a little Syesha in the middle, put quite a comparison on the two showing how David Cook doesn't have much of a singing voice. And I don't mind that so much when you're a rocker...but he didn't really even perform. His second song was totally painful for me. I kept wondering what key he was singing in - because it was not the same key as the song was written. Hopefully he's done. Oh, and his hair was extra duck butt-ish last night. Yo!

Alright, David ArchuLOTTA. I cried. Literally. I thought he did awesome. And not because the judges thought so. But, he genuinely rocked it! I loved his first song, and his second song...and his third actually. He did a new little spin on "Imagine" but I would have liked to hear something new as well. But, I think all the chicks dig that song, so it was a safe pick. And I will admit I texted 20 times for him. :) Only the second time I've ever voted actually. And Steve even voted as well...which is very out of the ordinary for him. So, here's hoping for Archie!! He deserves to win it. Hands down.

Oh, and Margs did you notice they showed a slow motion clip of our "somebody wasn't likin' it" at the end of the show!!! I was LOVING it!! Classic. That will go down as the best AI moment this season - besides Archie.

Catherine said...

Whoa...sorry, that was a long comment!

Rach said...

Margaret,

LOL!!! I am going to miss my wendsday morning fix of AI critiques. They are always good for a laugh, and of course your relentless comments of the TOTAL truth. I share many of your same opinions so it is great to know someone else out there can be as relentless as me. Is been a good time. Hey mabey you could do a blog on our "Fave Gal Pal" Alysha Richmond. NOT!!!!! That would mean we would have to tolerate her verbal diarhea for the most painful half hour of radio! Think of the possibilities? Sorry I can't spell today.....must be the rain. Thanks for the goodtimes, and sharing your funny and always awsome insight. GOODTIMES! By the way David Cook is going down. That guy gives me the creeps!

Andrea said...

All hail ArchuLOTTA!!! He kicked butt! He is seriously awesome, and I hope he wins tonight. I was so glad that Clive picked such good first songs for the contestants to sing. But on the second song, what are they supposed to do with the lame 10 songs written by amateurs they have to choose from? That's always harsh, I agree with you there. But I disagree with you about the song choices for the third round. Don't get me wrong, I liked David Cook's song, I just think he should have chosen one of his "greatest hits" like Archie did. It just helps your fans remember why they loved you from the beginning. Sure it would have been cool to have heard Arhculeta sing something new, but to win the thing you have to play to your fans and get them psyched to hear their favorite songs again, like at a concert. Did that make sense? Anyway, can't wait for tonight!

Nici said...

Yes Archuletta was amazing! I will be a little disappointed if he doesn't win. But I think he will have a record contract regardless. So does this mean you are done blogging? Isn't there another show on that you can critique? And I read in the newspaper that the next season of American Idol will actually be auditioning here is SLC!

Beebs said...

Oh no, not done blogging! Of course I use to blog about others things, I actually use to have more of a life, but AI has kind of taken over lately. lol I will continue to blog about life and what not, you can always count on that. It just may not be as funny. lol