Wednesday, April 15, 2009

AI Week 6

So last night was interesting doing movie soundtracks. I like it! But with all the movies in all the world I am always shocked about what they pick! What is up with some of the song choices! Although, who else can agree with me, I am sick of Randy talking about song choice. He and Kara are sounding like a broken record now. Anyway, let's start with Allison. I thought she was really good! Even Will stopped playing with a ball and was mesmorized with her, and that is saying something! I thought it was a perfect song for her. The only thing that I wanted differently was for it to maybe be in in a higher key. I wanted her to hit some loud high notes but she didn't. I also thought it was really cool that she had the whole orchestra. Lovin it!
Okay Anoop has really shocked me! He has now come from the bottom of my list to be towards the top of my list. I just think he is a classy guy with some real talent. I loved that he sang that Bryan Adams song last night. Really when he does the slower stuff, which I am usually not loving in general, he does a really good job. I think he may be one of the best singers in the competition. But I think he is flying way low under the radar.
Okay my Matt last night was not at his best. But I still really liked it. He did have a couple of pitch problems, but I wasn't so against the song like Randy and Kara were. I thought that he did an overall really good job. And that dude is WAY talented on the piano. Not to mention pretty cute. ;-)
Who else loves the fact that Danny Gokey sings all those love songs to his dead wife? I mean really, every time I just want to break down in tears cause I think he is so sweet. I really hate "Endless Love" but the way he sang it made it good. So if you can do that with that song, you should probably stay around another week. Also I just love the sound of his voice, super sultry!
Oh Adam....from one week to the next you bug me more!! Really I did not get last night at all. And I totally agreed with Simon, it was like he was singing in the Rocky Horror Picture show and he is the horror! Out of all the modern movies in the world he picks "Born to be Wild" WHAT THE??? He could have picked something really cool. And if I have to watch him to his "try to be sexy" tiger walk (where he crouches and slinks across the stage) one more week I will scream!! It is very sad to watch a gay man try to act like what he thinks a straight woman would think was sexy. Cause it isn't!!! And I am really sick of his screaming!! PLEASE can't we just get him in a broadway show or anything besides American Idol and mainstream culture. Ugh! Can you tell I'm sick of him??
Okay last night Kris actually rose in the ranks for me. I LOVE that song that he has picked! It is somewhat unknown, but if you have any music sense at all you have loved it since it was nominated for an oscar a year ago...HELLO RANDY! He did an AWESOME job on it! And he didn't have a guitar so he wasn't being a pseudo Jon Mayer last night. He did still bother me with his facial expressions. And for some reason now his wife bothers me too. But that is another post. Anyway, just the fact that he had the guts to do that song and do it SUPER well, writes off all the annoying qualities that he has had for me. I thought he was the best of the night!
Lil...oh poor Lil. WHY OH WHY does that girl not know any songs after 1975? I really don't get it?? To pick "The Rose" is the ultimate KISS OF DEATH! And why does her hair extensions get longer every week? Pretty soon we won't even recognize her whatsoever. I feel bad because American Idol has stolen her soul. The poor girl is talented, but maybe just in her church choir back at home. She just seems way out of her league in the competition. I seriously don't know of ONE person who likes the song "The Rose". Seriously!!!! I'm hoping she is gone cause I can't bear for Matt to leave yet. Can hardly wait to see who it is this week because it could go many ways. Actually really I'm hoping it is Adam, but I know it won't be because his EMO's probably cry and listen to his music all night while they vote.

3 comments:

Melissa Morgan said...

You are hilarious!! So I have to say that I agree with you about Chris. He has been totally growing on me the last few weeks. I must say that I really really like him....but do have to agree about the wife:) Anyway's I think my favs or now Allison and Chris and then Matt and Danny. I seriously have this horrifying fear that Adam is going to win. MERCY!!! He is freakin good but at the same time freakin annoying. Last night I didn't like him at all!! And the screaming is lame!!
Love your posts:) See you at GNO soon.

Andrea said...

I was so glad that Simon gave Adam Lambert a bit of a reality check. Not everybody is likin' it!! And his guy-liner was way to thick last night. A.nnoy.ing.

And you KNOW I loved Kris singing the hit from the Once soundtrack. Awesome!! And I'm still loving Matt even though he wasn't totally awesome last night. I think he should have just kept it chill with the piano instead of bringing in the orchestra.

I'm crossing my fingers for Lil' to get the boot tonight. (Actually I'm hoping Adam will get the boot, but the chances of that are slim to none.) She's good and all, but she just isn't a good performer. She seriously needs some lessons in pop-culture vs. easy listening-gospel choir- culture.

Catherine said...

I was NOT liking Adam last night at all!!! Holy crap! And why are all the tweens in love with him? Don't they know he is flamboyantly playing for the other team? Yikes! I loved Anoop and Kris last night. Matt was alright (but I was super relieved he was saved tonight). He's gotta step it up now during disco week. Here's hoping!