Okay dawgs, there was pretty much only one totally standout performance for me tonight and that was Danny Gokey. I seriously got the chills when he sang. Like he is totally feeling it from my soul. I remember that song was out when my Mom died and I could totally relate to it with a death. I always thought there was so much more to say to my Mom than I did. And maybe he was thinking the same thing. Really he is totally awesome! Anyway, just had to get that out of the way up front. First off starting with Anoop....oh boy. VERY interesting! We are back to our wannabe Anoop now and not just our singer boy. It kind of cracked me up the amount of facial intensity he puts into it. My favorite line of the night though is that he wants to be an R&B artist! Hilarious! Oh Anoop..please sing something else besides My Perogative and Usher. We are NOT feeling it!
Megan Joy just pretty much needs to go. I think I'm feeling her vibe now with the outfit and the song...I think she may be in that drum circle in Liberty Park. I should have figured it from the sleeve tattoo. But that reminded me of when last year Jason Castro sang "I Shot the Sheriff". Although he was at least a bit believeable with the dread locks. Boy she has gone way down hill. Plus she should just be gone cause she couldn't sustain a career I don't think.
Allison once again rocked the house. I loved her opening with the guitar and kind of broken down. Very nice. Once I got past her hair then I could enjoy it. She is just SOO talented!
Scott, oh man, again with the stylist...please don't do weird things to him just because he can't see. His hair was atrocious! Seriously! And the song was his best song choice yet, but I mean what do you expect from him. I still find his singing totally annoying. But I think he deserves to stay in more than Megan.
Poor Lil. I just felt so sorry for her. How come she can't get it right with the song choices. She is such a good singer! But she has no clue on what type of stuff to pick. She also has no clue on dressing. I feel sad cause they have sucked out all her original spunk. And her hair needs to go. Honestly I felt like crying with her. Because she just can't get it right.
Alright I have to admit that tonight with Matt was not my favorite. I really didn't get the whole key board in a mosh pit routine. And he sounded weird with the song. But you know I still love him!! He is still way talented. But he did indeed disappoint tonight. Oh well, we can all have an off night sometimes.
Adam, what was with the hair??? Okay not that I like his "normal" hair do any better but with that hair it just looks like a helmet. And it went for the song choice last week, but not this week. It was like someone said "hey that looks good for your Motown night" to him and now he will repeat it week after week. Bugs! And his song bugged me and he bugged me. I actually had to fast forward through his final note because it was so annoying and high and screamy. I"m a rocker girl at heart, but not his type of rocker girl. Did it not seem to anyone else like he was in the middle of his own personal musical? Not feelin it dawgs!
And I also have to admit tonight that Kris was actually good. I like him MUCH better without the guitar. And I'm pleased to see that he is multi-talented with the piano. He actually sounded good even though he still bugged me with his facial experessions. Oh well. He was one of the betters of the evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Amen sister! I agree with everything! I think more people were off than on last night.
I totally got the chills when Danny sang, too! Awesome. And I already told you that I felt like Adam was in some annoying broadway show. And that screeching! Yikes!! And poor 'Lil. I knew she was going to start crying when they started talking to her daughters. Sad. I still love Matt, but Kris was working it for me last night.
I thought Scott actually looked better with his hair combed. LOL And I loved Kris' song... that was beautiful. But I've liked him from the beginning, even though his facial expressions ARE wierd (just noticed that this week). I still don't like Adam, but then I don't like Steven Tyler or whoever else it was that whatserbutt compared him to.
I promise I did actually read this post prior to today. But, for some reason forgot to comment - so here it goes...Adam needs to create his own personal musical because he is sooooo full of himself, Scott does need a new stylist of sorts - poor guy, Matt's mosh pit routine was pathetic because nobody around him cared about his song enough for it to be cool, and Danny wins the prize for the night. I actually thought of you when he sang that song - but then I also laughed because Dave gets mad at you because it's a "love song Margaret." LOL! But I love the song too - and it totally reminds me of Mom. Love it! And aren't we relieved Megan Joy is gone. What the HECK was up with her on the elimination show!!! I wanted to slap her through the tv. Seriously! She's got a bad case of the crazies.
Post a Comment