Wednesday, April 8, 2009

AI Week 5

I must admit that tonight I did not see the first 2 contestants so I can't fully comment on their status except for what I saw at the recap. We had to go out for Dave's bday dinner with the kids-darn it!!;-) And also just as a side note, thank goodness Megan is gone right?? I missed the kick off show from last week, but I have seen clips and looked like she was pretty much going a little crazy there at the end. Interesting....
So from last night I missed Danny and Kris. Maybe someone can fill me in on how they did. From the looks of it, from the end clips, Kris was probably going to annoy me again because he was playing the guitar and pretending to be Jon Mayer. But usually I love Danny so hopefully he did well.
To me Scott wasn't his usual badness at the beginning of his performance. But when he went to the high notes ooo wee.. That was a bit scarey. And VERY off! And does anyone else notice that this season Paula is unusally mean? Do you think that she is trying to compete with Kara or is her true self coming out. Or maybe she is off her medication?? Hmm..
Lil was good I thought. I thought she was a lot better than the judges gave her credit last night. Or maybe it was just because Dave and I were belting out "What's Love Got to Do With it" along with her and couldn't really hear. Either way, Lil is much better than a few of them still in so she should stay. Didn't you love how they interviewed her mom and she was "Her name isn't Little" LOL And then Simon continued to call her Little for the rest of the night.
I just love Matt! Yes he is the bomb!! How can he take a song I totally hate like "Part Time Lover" and make me actually love it. He did an awesome job I thought. He is in my dawg pound dudes!!
I thought Anoop did well. He has surpirsed me with his singing skills. And when he is not trying to be Usher he does a lot better. I didn't want to boo him off the stage tonight at least. Anoop, stay far away from the R&B and stick to the white boy music.
Allison was great as usual. I did think that her song was a bit old for her, but vocally it was a good choice. The melody really seems to fit her.
Okay, after last night I am fully convinced that they are trying to rig the show in Adam's favor. Seriously!! How many times does that guy go last!? Last is probably the best position to be in because people remember you. And then for Simon to say "standing O" What the....??? I thought that was probably his worst performance yet. If that can be possible! But did Simon not hear him hit some REALLY bad notes?? And I'm sorry this might a offend quite a few but that song was REALLY just too femmy for me (you know for a MAN to be singing) I like a good falsetto and it can sometimes be cute, but that was just like a woman singing last night. I did not dig it DAWGS!!!! And don't try to tell me you just hate the song... cause I love that song! And I love Tears for Fears. But really that just bothered me beyond words. And then for Simon to give it so much praise when it really didn't deserve it, I felt was just rigging the show. Really, if this continues, I may just have to have a one night boycott. ;-) Adam is talented and everything, but so are all the others, he is not a musical genius! Argh!!!
(okay now I'm off my soap box! Let's see who goes tonight *evil laughter*)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh man...blind guy sucked BIG TIME! The tone of his voice just annoys the heck out of me. "Little" is just not getting how to be current, as they like to say. It's like she's always idolized Tina and just had to do her song. Even though Tina is not cool. I'm still loving Matt and hating Adam. I finally got Alec to hate him last night, too. He was super annoyed with his femminess,

What would we do without AI and your summations?!

Amanda said...

I am dying for your opinion about last night's AI.

I love Kris. I love that song and I'm so happy he sang it!

AND I am so excited to hear about your trip to DC. One of the best places to visit!