Tuesday, March 11, 2008
AI- Week 4
Just have to say sorry to you peeps that I didn't give my opinion on last weeks AI. I was out of town, so sorry. I did catch up with the tivo though and have 2 comments. One is, I'm glad that Danny Noriega is gone because he seriously scared me! I couldn't decide if I should laugh or run away. And also, did David Cook know that he tried to rock out a song from Lionel Richie?? Sorry, but that was a WEIRD performance, even though the judges thought he rocked it. Now on to this weeks big top 12. I like how they had the performances on the bigger stage and I'm definately liking that they give them more freedom to do arrangements and show their own styles. Remember the days when everyone only sang Whitney Houston again and again! Although I'm not sure if Beatles night is much better for me, because if you know me, you know Beatles aren't really my thang. Okay, so Syesha Mercado, I like her, but I definately didn't like her performance tonight. I hated her pauses and I had even fogotten she sang by the end of the show. Chikezie, he rocked the house!!! I totally loved that guy tonight! Dave and I both wanted to do a standing ovation for him except we were eating our rocky road. But he was AWESOME! Definately best of the night! Ramiele, sad to say because she is such a good singer, but she was really boring. Wasn't liking that at all, but I still think her vocals are good. Jason Castro, I really still like this guy. I hope my brother Adam comments on here because he has a very good assement of Jason Castro. He definately does remind me of many a granola at Highland High. But I like his easy breezy feel. And I think he most likely appeals to the college age gal(which of course I still think I am, but hey). David Hernandez, oh boy! The guy is just very cheesy. And now when I watch him all I can see is stripper moves. He needs to go! Carly Smithson, sorry I just don't like her. Her vocals were good, but there is just something about her I dislike. I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm not sure if it is the fact that she thinks she has this in the bag or that somehow she puts of the heir of the fact she thinks the competition is rigged for her to win or something. But please, let's not let her win, let's keep her waiting tables. And I don't need to ever here her "come together" rendition again at her concerts in the bars. Amanda Overmeyer, please do not let us have to endure another week of this woman. I say woman because you know she is really a 60 year old woman disguised under her make up. She worries me, but yet again I say this every week. Brooke White, darling girl! She has some real talent and she just looks like a real sweet girl! I'm rooting for her. I really liked her piano, singing thing she had going this week. But it fits right in with the "chic" themed music rock that I like (ie Sarah Mclachlan etc.) David Cook, once again, hair make over please, but I have to admit I liked him this week. He did a really good version of his weird Beatles song that he sang. Kristy Lee Cook, PLEASE let's put this girl and the rest of us out of our misery!! That was totally hideous! I think when she started I literally did a gasp because it was so terrible. The outfit, the song arrangemnt, the facial expressions. Dave and I actually put the tivo on slow to see just how scarey her facial expressions were. Trust us, they were frightening in a hilarious way! Michael Johns, I disagree with the judges on him tonight. I thought he was really good. Actually I thought that was the best time I heard him "sing" instead of do a rock ditty and I liked what I heard. I like his low voice and he really was a good "singer" tonight. Two thumbs up from me for Michael Johns. Poor poor David Archuleta. How could you not want to cry for that smiley face kid. I just want to pinch his cheeks! He really sucked it up tonight, but I still love him. I hope he has enough tweens sitting around voting for him to sail him through. All in all, I think it is a totally diverse group and really probably the best season for overall talent. Usually you can see there are only 2 good people in the bunch at this point. But right now I'd say there are like 5, so I'm enjoying watching a real competition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Agree. Jason Castro, Brooke White, & Chikezie were my favorite of the night (Brooke White being my absolute fav). Kristy Lee Cook seriously concerned me. Steve and I even started having a full-on conversation in the middle of her performance because we had to tune it out. I felt really bad for David Archuleta - I normally don't vote, but I did for him last night just to make sure he would be safe another week. I'm not so sure the Beatles were a good AI theme to have, just because I felt they really messed up about half of the songs. Oh well.
I totally missed having the AI conversation last week--glad you're back. Ok, so much to say...first, I loved David Cook's Lionel Richie last week! I thought the fact that he could make Lionel Richie cool, was cool. And as for last night. Well, Brooke White was my favorite, followed by Chikezie. Kristy Lee Cook was super-bad, she really butchered that song. We also had to FF Amanda Overmeyer (she bugs so bad) and Ramiele (she was really boring). And David Archuleta!! I found myself holding my breath during his performance, because I was so nervous for him when he messed up at the beginning, and then kept messing up! That was really unexpected, he seemed so nervous. I think that he has had enough good performances to have built up a fan base though, so hopefully he'll be okay. For me, this week I would love to see Kristy Lee Cook go or David Hernandez--he's never going to make it on this family show with his stripper background.
Post a Comment