This is Matthew in Toontown posing with some characters. This is sad because I can't remember their names, but they were fun!
This is Dave and Matthew on their favorite ride, Buzz Light year. It's kind of like a video game. It's pretty cool, but I eventually got sick of riding it. The boys did not. We were also spoiled at the beginning of the week to be able to walk onto several rides!
Okay this picture and it's partners are out of order but bare with me. Anyway, this may have been the best day of Matthew's entire life! We went to this really cool thing called "Jedi Training". It was a stage show and then you sit your kids in the audience. I skillfully placed Matthew on the front row in his Star Wars t-shirt in the hopes that he would be the chosen few selected to learn the way of the Jedi. They picked about 15 kids and there were TONS there. Anyway, he did get picked and when he did both Dave and I had tears streaming down our faces. You would have thought he was graduating college or something! lol But he got to wear a Jedi cloak and have a light saber. This is one of the final pictures because after they were trained for a few minutes each child either got to fight Vader or Darth Maul. Matthew got to fight Vader. It was SOOO awesome!!! Imagine this event in the mind of a 7 year old boy! Totally priceless! Vader even complimented him on his skills!
Matthew with Captain Hook. Even I have to admit he was kind of scarey! lol
Maren absolutely loved the princesses. Her favorites were Snow White and Cinderella. Mimi was nice enough to buy the kids "autograph books" while we were there and you can get all the characters to sign them. It's something only a grandma would buy, but the kids absolutely loved them!!! Thanks Mimi!
Matthew just hanging out at the entrace to California adventure. He thought this was the perfect photo op and told me to take his picture. lol
We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, which I highly recommend! This was the swimming pool there. It was a lot of fun! The kids enjoyed swimming as much as Disenyland itself.
Will was in love with the furry characters! He hugged them all and laughed at all of them, it was so cute!
We ran into Alice and the evil Queen of Hearts. Maren wasn't sure what to make of her. She kept talking about her eye brows afterwards.
We went to hear princess story telling and this is Maren before it started. They had this really cool royal looking stage area.
Maren with Cinderlla, she absolutely loved her!
Will in his pirate Mickey ears! I loved this on him because he totally has the hair for it!
Matthew and Maren in their Mickey hats. It's tradition that you have to get your name sewed onto the back of one of these things. Something you would never let your kid wear normally becomes a treasure after you have been in Disney for a few days. Propaganda!
Us with Goofy at Goofy's Kitchen restuarant.
Maren and Matthew in Toontown!
Dave attempting to take Will on his first ride. He didn't love it. Will pretty much was on meltdown mode for the entire trip. Note to self and all who are friends: never take a baby old enough to walk, but younger than 3 to Disneyland.
At the end of the trip Dave's sister Holly was in the Disney area so they met us for dinner! This is Matthew and Maren with their cousins Jill and Dean.



8 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I love the picture of Maren with Snow White, Will with Winnie the Pooh, and Matthew in his Star Wars clothes. I agree, the pirate mouse ears are perfect for Will - with the hair curling out from the bottom!! Mom would just love that picture!! I'm so glad you guys got to go, because it looks like it was definitely worth it and a lot of fun memories.
That looks SO FUN!!! I love the pics at the end, they are exhausted. LOL
Hey now, I bought my kids autograph books, and I'm no grandma! lol!
I'm glad you had such a great time. The kids look like they played till they dropped!
Oh Denise I just meant usually as a mother, at least me, I'm to cheap to buy them everything they want. But grandma's can spoil! And I had no clue it would be the hit of the trip! Autograph books were VERY important. And cute!
SO FUN!! I'm so glad that Matthew got to be in Jedi training. How cool is that for him? And I also love the pic of Maren with Snow White. I especially love the pictures of them sleeping in the car on the way home--that sums it up nicely. I'm so glad you got to go. Maybe next time we can go with you! ;)
Oh man, I love Disneyland!! I agree, it's not always easy and every gets tired and can have break-downs but after you are home a little while you forget about the hard times and just remember how great it was!! What great memories you are making for your kids!!!! Glad you're home!
Looks like you had a wonderful time!
Kate
I absolutly love your blog! It is so much fun to see your family-you guys are so darling. I had no idea that you had a blog... did I? I just love talking to you at Dance, it's been fun getting to know you!!!
Post a Comment