Tuesday, March 25, 2008
AI Week 6
Interesting night. The one thing I will say for all of the contestants is that they generally needed to call their mom and dad and ask them what songs were cool back in the day. Cause I could totally tell most of them had never heard the song they were singing. And some of them, no one had ever heard the song they were singing. Ramiele, I hate to say it but I think it is her time. She is a good singer, but she didn't shine tonight and picking a Heart song is the kiss of death. Why does no one listen to me on this! I just don't like a song with the words "it chills me to the bone". Sorry Ramiele, I think it's bye bye for you this week. Also being first doesn't help. Syesha, no doubt she is a good singer, but with her I really feel it is been there done that. But Whitney and Mariah Carey type singers aren't my thang. Jason Castro, I disagreed with the judges on him a bit. I did totally like his song choice, I thought it was a smart choice for him. But he does need to watch it, and I wouldn't be admitting on tv that I didn't practice enough. It doesn't go over well. I still like his laid back style though. Chikezie, I love this guy. Granted I did not love his Luther rendition tonight, but he is a really good singer. And he seems really talented. He's Dave's pick in case you were wondering. And how can you not TOTALLY love his mom. Cute! Brooke White, oh, I don't know what to say. I really liked her singing tonight, I really liked her song choice and I even liked her arrangement. But her mess up at the beginning worried me. I just thought it was bad to start over. She should have just kept going. Really that's not too professional. Maybe at your grandma's house you can do that. I still love her though and we made sure to throw a lot of votes her way tonight. She seems overall like an awesome talent! Michael Johns, loved it tonight dawg!! He was AWESOME!! By far for me the best of the night. Dave rated him #1 as well. :) Nothing more to say there, but keep it up Michael, I knew it was in you somewhere. Carly Smithson, I have to admit tonight that she is a good singer. But sorry, you are not going to get anymore softness out of me than that. I still don't like her and I noticed tonight she looks angry when she sings. Oh and also, she was really out of tune on the last run, totally agree with you there Randy Dawg! David Archuleta, poor misguided boy..... next time you need to pick a song please contact me. And don't contact whoever it was who wrote a song no one knows but wants people to now know it so they forced you to sing it on American Idol. He is a good singer but I was laughing so hard when Simon said that he could picture him singing with a lot of anamated creatures around him...TOTALLY! We still love you David and we threw a vote your way. We also hope that your girlfriend in the audience dug it and she will let you take her to prom! Kristy Lee...hmm.... when I heard what song she was singing I thought it was the kiss of death. Although she did do a good job, and I think she certainly got the bible belt vote with that one. But.... still don't like her. The whole thing was also dripping with cheese. At least she didn't get off of her stool on the words "I'll gladly stand up" she knew that much. And now I'm sure I'm about to get blasted because obviously it was the coolest thing of all times, but I didn't get David Cook tonight. SORRY DAWGS, step away from flaming me now. But I "wasn't likin it" (said Danny Noriega style). It just didn't make sense to me. Some of it was cool dawg, and he was a good singer....but I didn't like the arrangement. Dave totally disagrees with me cause he loved it. But I even watched it again just to make sure I was right, and I was. Still didn't like it. Now I can admit freely that maybe my opinion is shadowed by my true love of Michael Jackson in the 80's, but I still think it just wasn't good. There you go, my summation. The sad part is I can already hardly wait for next week. Although I guess tomorrow night I can see a few cheesy musical numbers and Ramiele singing Heart again badly, since that is my prediction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I agree, Ramiele's got to go. I was thinking the same thing!
Yes, Ramiele is done. I completely agree with you on David Cook!! How weird is that? Everybody at work just loved his performance, but I was not diggin' it. Brooke White really messed that beginning up, but I did end up liking her performance. Michael Johns was my fav last night, closely followed by Chikezie (who is ending up to be quite a surprise liking for me). And poor little David - he is so cute, but so sad with his song choices. He needs an "edgy" song to spice it up a bit next week.
Oh, how I love American Idol.
Too bad for the first 3 or 4 performers, because I can barely remember them. But, I liked Brooke White, in spite of her little mess up, or because of it. I thought she looked really pretty last night, too. I also
L O V E D Michael Johns! But, that's no surprise, because I have a secret crush on him. Archuleta did have a very strange little song that his dad chose for him. And Kristy Lee had a very strategic song choice--very much playing to her fan base. And I liked David Cook's song. He has a way of making random songs (not that Billie Jean is random, just that version is) cool in an emo-rock sort of way. But, I am so bugged with how hot he thinks he is. Because, to me, Dawg, he is not!!
I so agree on Michael Johns, he was the best of the night. I liked David Cook too. David Archuleta is my fave but dang, what kind of song choice was that?
My dd LOVES Kristy Lee Cook otherwise I think I'd be on board with her going out soon!
I don't care for Chekezie, interesting that you guys love him like you do? My personal opinion, is that Jason Castro should be the one to go. I thought it was completely forgettable.
But I agree with you about Brooke! Fun, to dish with you Margie! I hope I didn't rain on your parade too much!! :)
Post a Comment