Monday, March 24, 2008

Candy and Eggs O'plenty

We had a super fun easter yesterday! We were able to get lots of candy and I was able to dress my family all matching. Something very important to me, (I try to sneak it in on regular Sundays, but Dave will sometimes catch on and foil my plans. But he did it willingly for me on Easter Sunday! Good guy!) We were able to have a nice dinner with my sister and her husband and my Dad and his new wife Gail. The coolest part for me though was setting the table using my great-grandmother's china. I was able to get it when my Mom passed away and I know that she loved it. It was my Mom's, dad's mother Lita. Anyway, it was just fun because I remember when I was younger and my Mom inherited the china I thought it was the beautiful thing I had seen. Now I have 3 sets of china! My wedding, my great-grandmother's and a mostly full Christmas set. Anyway, enough of china! lol

The kids had a fun time and Will was just super fun to watch this year. Especially cause he LOVES candy. Interesting that you can eat jelly beans with only 6 teeth, all in the front, but somehow Will manages to do it. I threw caution to the wind and let the kids eat whatever they wanted. Also interesting somewhere Matthew got the idea that you need to leave carrots out in your shoe for the Easter bunny and then he will bring you gold coins. I'm not sure how he got this image, but I'm thinking maybe Dave. lol And I think he is confused with Christmas traditions from Holland and the Easter bunny. He didn't seem to mind when the Easter bunny forgot the gold coins and the Easter bunny also really enjoyed the carrots out of the bottom of a stinky shoe! :-) Anyway, I'm grateful again for my beautiful family. And I'm thankful to our Saviour Jesus Christ who we remember on Easter and who died so that we might all live again. And so that I can be with my Mom again forever. What an amazing thing!










6 comments:

Andrea said...

I love that you got to bust out great-grandma's china! Perfect for Easter Sunday. You all look WONDERFUL in your Easter fare--so cute. I love the pic of Will and his sucker and jelly beans...he looks like a total stud!

Monica said...

You have such a beatiful family! I should try and match my family more often! It should be easy with all girls...I guess I just never think of it!

I'm glad you had a great Easter!

Catherine said...

Yeah, the china looked really beautiful!! It looks like it was a lot of fun in the morning - I'm glad I could help save your pictures for you! :) And the rolls were great by the way!!

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures! Your family is beautiful! Love the matching clothes!

holly said...

Looks like you guys had a good Easter. You all look so cute!!

Rach said...

Hey Friend,
Your front room furnature looks great! I love Marines dress. Where did you get it? Cute! I made my family match too on Sunday, light blue and tan for the guys and coral pinks for girls. I match up my family all the time, Bryan never catches on. I guess I am lucky that way...I don't think anyone else notices though. Well I have to come over to see the rest of your room. Hey I used my mother-in-laws china on easter. It's a great way to remember her, and in a small way she it there with us. Did you have schmits rolls? We did.... ;)