Tuesday, March 18, 2008

AI Week 5

So I wasn't feelin it tonight dawg. Why oh why did they have to do another night of Beatles. Not good! Obviously everyone picked their first choice on week 1, so this was just going to be a night of cast off choices. Hated it! Okay, here we go, Amanda Overmeyer...STOP VOTING FOR HER PEOPLE!! Please, to all the harley people hanging out in bars watching your favorite 50 year old, I mean 24 year old friend, do her a favor and stop voting for her. Enough said. Brooke White, I actually felt uncomfortable just watching it. And why do they stage people on the stairs. It is just cheesy and stupid. Sorry Brooke, I still love you! David Archuleta, you redeemed yourself and I am proud of you. Boy, can that kid sing! I wasn't a fan of the song, but his voice was awesome!! David Cook, totally agreed with Simon. It's like this guy has way to much confidence now from last week. He spent the whole song trying to look sexy, which he is not with his hair. Can't we do a write in campaign to get his hair changed. PLEASE! Not good tonight dawg! Jason Castro, what a nerd, in a good way! That was the weirdest song choice. And I loved Paula's description, like a total polka gone wrong. But somehow he sold the fact that the whole thing was a total joke. Jason, you can stay in the competition dawg, but let us help you grow a small goatee. Kristy Lee, she just needs to go. She is out of her league and we have been there done that. Sorry to say that she is just a second rate version of Carrie Underwood. She's a few years too late. Michael Johns, sorry dawg but you stunk it up BAD tonight! If it was "go home night because you were the worst one for that night", he would be going home. Not sure what the heck he was trying to do with that song. Bad choice of song and bad voice! Ramiele...Dave and I both commented that we could see her singing a Disney princess song in Disneyland. She does a mean karoke. Actually her voice is good, but she has zero stage presence. Poor girl. Syesha, I think she was the best of the night. She had nowhere else to go but up from last week. She was really good tonight, and as always she is a darling girl. Perfect song choice! Chikezie ROCKED THE HOUSE!!! I'm loving this guy. Every week he surprises me. I didn't agree with the judges on him tonight. I thought his arrangement was totally cool and fresh and totally him. I even liked the harmonica. Chikezie knows how to step it up. And every week I am loving his mom! Now for my rant of the night, you know it's coming, Carly Simthson! Don't like this girl. And what is it with people(cause she isn't the only one) that think to change a song up they need to sing completely off tempo!!! It drives me bonkers!!! Just sing the song the way it is written, there is a reson for it, it sounds better!! Keep a 1/2 note a 1/2 note, hold notes where you should hold notes, and an 1/8th note should be an 1/8th note, not an 1/8th note into a 1/2 note. I'm sure you get the picture by now. lol But also, I can think of my fav of all time favs Sarah McLachlan who did Blackbird 10 times better, and from whom I'm sure that Carly stole the idea! And stop getting tattoos!!! Why do you need to get a tatoo to "remember" that you were on American Idol or that you are married. Have you ever heard of a journal, or better yet a blog! ;-) Yuck!! Anyway, tonight was my least fav so far. But we all know that Kristy and Ramiele and Amanda need to go so I don't care which order that goes in. And enjoy on the side there the better rendition of Blackbird!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh, I completely agree!! Carly was TERRIBLE - especially at "Blackbird". I actually wanted to throw my remote at the tv on that one - even more solidified by her explanation of why she chose that song ("broken bird, blah blah blah"). Yikes! Chikezie & Syesha were my favorites of the night - but even they were not the best performances really. Castro was awkward, yet I wanted to keep watching because it was hilariously bad. Brooke was no good in my book, but Archuleta did step it up from last week. And I completely agree - Ramiele, Amanda, & Kristy need to go (in any order really). But I don't think they are contenders to actually win, so let's just put them out of their misery. I'm excited to see the outcome tonight!

Andrea said...

I agree with Catherine, Carly's whole explanation of why she chose the song was what really bugged. My favorites were David Archuleta and Syesha (although I did predict she would wear some type of revealing clothing this week). I agreed with Simon, and wished that Brooke White could have sung "Yesterday" instead of Syesha. But she was good with her En Vogue version. I liked the beginning of Chikeize's song with the R&B flavor, and hated when he changed it up with the harmonica bit. Hmm, what else? Oh, like you, Alec called Ramiele a Disney Princess last week when she sang that ballad. So maybe there's a future in that for her. Mulan?

Denise said...

David A. was great last night. I actually really liked David C, although I could see that arrogance sneaking in. He's gonna have to watch that. I usually really like Michael Johns, but what the heck was that stuff he did last night? Big mistake.

PS I'm loving your playlist!

Monica said...

I don't even know if I'm "qualified" to leave a comment on this post!! I have no idea about this 1/2 note stuff (would you even think I was a music leader?), and to be honest, I haven't even had time to catch the episode(it is recorded). But I really did enjoy reading your commentary about it! I should have known you were a music buff! It totally made me laugh and I loved it.