Thursday, July 12, 2007

Oh the Summer





We've been having fun the last week playing with the family. Dave's sister came here from Las Vegas and brought her kids. My kids have so much fun playing with their cousins. We were able to light fireworks, go swimming, slide on the slip and slide, roast hot dogs in Opa's big make shift fire pit and s'mores! It was fun being together almost every day. But I have to say I am still catching up on my house work and laundry! We also had fun on the 4th of July swimming up at my Dad's house and hanging out with the Larson cousins. I was able to make my potato salad several times over the last week and that is just so summer to me! Here's the recipe:
10 potatoes
8 eggs
24 oz. sour cream
3/4 mayo
1/4 c evaporated milk
4 T relish
1 T salt (more if wanted)
1/4 cup dried onions

I use read potatoes and boil them. Also hard boil the eggs. Then I make the dressing mixture just by stirring it altogether and then pour it ontop of the eggs and potatoes. Make sure to allow at least 4 hours of refrigeration before serving but it tastes way better that way.

Dave is applying for a promotion at his work, so keep your fingers crossed that he can get it. This would be his dream job! He has worked so hard he deserves it!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Looks like fun and a yummy recipe! Good luck to your dh on his promotion, I pray he gets it!!