Friday, July 27, 2007

Fun Trip to Zermatt

Well just got back from a fun vacation with all of my siblings and their kids. It was wild with 19 kids and 15 adults! Eating dinner meals was always quite interesting. Before we went up on Friday night though we attended the annual IVF picinic. It is always really fun to see all those miracle children. It's amazing! It's also neat to show off our kids to the staff that helped us achieve our dreams. They are like proud parents as well. They have face painting there and a magician. Matthew was spider man and Maren was a butterfly. We opted not to paint Will's face cause we knew that would spread in a matter of seconds!




After the picnic we got up to Zermatt in Midway and it was just beautiful! You would not believe the rooms they are incredible. Saturday morning I woke up nice and early with my sisters and Dad to do a hot air balloon! I couldn't believe I actually got on it cause it was really scary in a way and I hate heights. But it was fun and really smooth. The only scarey part was landing in a nice cow pasture and hoping that the balloon was stable enough to get out, not in poo that is.

Then we had fun swimming and getting massages that day. The kids had tons of fun with their cousins.


Oh and I had to take this one picture of Maren cause she is such a doll, even though I know she will kill me later in life. But when we swim she has an eternal wedgie! And she's at the age she can't figure out to pull it out yet! It's too hilarious! Tell me if these aren't the best fluffy buns you have ever seen!

The Kids also went on pony rides that afternoon. They totally enjoyed it! Maren still wants to go back.


On Sunday we were able to go on the Heber Creeper, yikes! IF you have not done that in awhile, the 3 hour trip is LONG! And I'm not sure aobut the burgers that Dave bought me on the train. Oo boy!



Also at Zermatt they have the cutest little carousel that you can ride. Maren loved it, but Matthew refused to go on because he said it makes him sick. I agree! I wasn't fun loving enough to even try to go on it and hold in the hurling feeling. So Matthew and I observed.



On Monday we rode or tried to ride the Alpin slide. It was raining so Dave and Matthew only got one trip in going down. Maren refused to go and proceeded to throw a 15 minute tantrum underneath some picinic tables at the bottom of the slide. It was not one of my best motherhood moments. In addition to that loving screaming sound I pick up Will to find that he has a stinky diaper miles away from the nearest changing area. So I owe my sanity to my sister Annie who picked up the 25lbs. chunk and carried him to a bathroom and changed his foul smelling diaper! She is a saint! All in all it was a fun vacation, we went home Tuesday and got ready to start school for Matthew the next day. More on that in the next post!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm not sure about sainthood. You would have done the same for me.

I love all the pictures of your kids! The one of Maren's little head peeking out of the pool is especially cute.

Catherine said...

Love the pics! The kiddos look so cute. I especially miss Maren's cute little wedgie every day:)