Monday, July 16, 2007
Come Come Ye Saints
Do you ever just go to Church in a found mood and it doesn't get better! lol Usually I go and I feel the Spirit as I'm there but yesterday was a major test of my faith! lol First off hubby and I were in a fight over what dumb stuff I don't know. Then we ended up being 5 minutes early instead of our usual 10 minutes early and we had to sit in the overflow! My ward bugs me so bad that it is so crowded! And one old person takes up an entire bench and sits right in the middle. Don't you think those should be left for families? So we are in the overflow/gym where it is so loud and noisey I think "WHY AM I HERE?" and toy with the idea of just going home. But I'm trying to endure to the end. Then all of my children are screaming and crying and I almost just want to let them scream and cry, because hey we are in the back. Finally I go out with Will and sit in the foyer which was also crowded. And I SWEAR to you I did not hear ONE WORD of the entire sacrament meeting. I think it was on scripture reading but that could have just been because I know last weeks was on scriptures and we have a monthly theme. lol Also I think our ward building was hotter inside than it was outside. I was seriously sweating and for those who know me, you know I don't sweat that much. Poor Will with his chubby 25 lbs. on his 7 month old frame was just plain sticky. Then I go to primary where it is a further test of my strength. We had one boy who is around 5 who literally picks up chairs and acts as if he is going to throw them throughout the entire junior primary hour. Then lovingly the primary counselor in charge of sharing time took up all of 7 minutes and left me with 30, yes 30 minutes to sing my little heart out in junior primary. And this we know is singing a solo because the sunbeams just stare at me. Then in senior I asked the primary presidency before church if I could go first for singing time rather than sharing time because Dave has to teach a young men's lesson (on "self mastery" lol no less- and yes that was the title) and I have to get my baby so he doesn't have to teach the lesson while trying to bounce the 25 pounder on his knee while he trys to talk and focus on self mastery details. So knowing before hand that this lovely counselor only took a 7 minute sharing time, (and let this be a lesson to you- if you teach sharing time ONCE a month come up with more than the Friend magazine provides) of which her sharing time included 5 minutes of "panel" discussion from others in the ward and not even her talking. I know that she is not going to like that I'm only going to use my 15 minutes of what I should have to teach music and then go get my baby. So I see the primary presidency huddled in the corner and then over walks this counselor saying to me "only leave me 10 minutes okay?" (with a nice perky smile) which insures that they then want me to have a 40 minute singing time in the senior primary! What the heck? And I look at her and with the best smile I could muster up said " sorry I can't do that, I have to get my baby" And she says to me "well waht else will we do!" in her most annoyed voice. And I say "well I can take 20 minutes but that is it." And I'm even more bothered because when I re-accepted this calling after having the baby they all knew that I would take it only if they would work with me on being able to get my baby while my husband teaches. But that has proved not to be the case. Anyway, so I take my 20 minutes which I still think is being nice, and then go get my baby while I run from one place to the next sweating. Pick up the baby, while he fusses and I sit in the primary room and then the counselor finshes up her 7 minute sharing time and looks at me and says "Now Sis. Stone is going to do more music time" While I stand there and hold my 25 lbs. baby!! And I look at her annoyed and say "well that is fine if you want to come here and hold MY baby while I fill the rest of primary". The primary president at this time knowing I am fumed and that takes a lot for me to be openly fumed, comes over and offers to hold the baby. I finish primary up by practicing a song because I couldn't even be nice enough to play the game I brought for time fillers. I was too ticked! Anyway, that is my synopsis of Church yesterday. I guess that by enduring to the end I hope to recieve many blessings! Please say I will!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oh you will be blessed! I'm sorry it was such a strange day at church for you yesterday. And I'm pretty sure every ward building was more hot inside then out. Ours sure was! I was also sweating...doing nothing mind you. Love you!
I always sweat at Church! What's the deal? Our ward is always a fight for benches, too. Luckily, we had a bench yesterday. My kids are way more prone to being reverent if we can sit in a bench. Hopefully your blessing for enduring will be that the Primary Presidency now realizes they need to take up their fair share of time. (Probably not though. (: )
I can so relate!! (((HUGS)))) I hope next week is better!
Post a Comment