So here we are again, one of the saddest times of the year. When those, who are as pathetic as I and only have basic cable, go into a mourning period for all the shows we have loved and lost due to the summer season. I will sorely miss AI and all the joy that it brought to me. Particularly at the beginning when I laughed at the exspense of others who sing no better than me, but were dumb enough to go on tv and do it. Ahhh the memories!
Tonight we learned a few things. First off we have learned 2 important bits of information about Paula. One was that she just returned from her own personal bahamas trip (ie Mystic tan) and wowed us with her orange skin against the shiny glow of her green top. Which leads us to the second important fact about Paula, that she does not wear a bra. Another important tidbit or lesson if you will, was that even though Kara Laguardia thinks that she is a songwriter, she proved us all wrong by writing one of the worst/most cheesiest finale numbers we have witnessed. I think it was about hurricane Katrina or something. Both of the competitors pretty much sucked it up on that song. But I have to say that there also must have been something wrong with the mics because both of them were really hard to hear over the accompniment.
One of my favorite happenings of the night was that they ACTUALLY had a FAIR coin toss in which Adam lost and could not continue on with his rigged last place singing. Of course he had to bring back for all his EMO friends "Mad Mad World" Of which I probably only know 2 people who enjoyed it, my nephew Josh and my friend Denise. Hmmm...we'll forgive them. When he finished another favorite Marenism for me was when Paula was giving her "props" to Adam and telling him how great he looked, Maren yelled out "she should have told him how girlish he looks". Such wise words from a 4 year old. One of my favorite outfit moments came for me with his final song though where I couldn't decide if his jeans were "acid wash" or if they were silver. Very thought provoking. He did okay with the 2nd performance until he lost me with the tongue thrusts again. I have come to grips that Adam will win American Idol, but I still don't have to like it.
I have to say though, I was impressed with Kris tonight. He gave us a good show. I think I caught some hope when he actually sang his first song at the PIANO instead of the guitar. And I thought he won round 1 for sure with his song. He did MUCH better than I thought he would. I actually really enjoyed the second song too and he avoided SOME of his weird mannerisms by sitting down, but still a side singer. There were points tonight which I wasn't sure who was annoying me more. But I knew that I had to let Kris annoy me less than Adam or I would have turned to the dark side. Kris was okay on the last song but again, what can you do with something that is crappy at best to begin with?
All in all, it's been a great ride and I'm sure we will have many more days together seeing Adam on the Today Show, Regis and Kelly etc. to annoy us some more. I can hardly wait! And now my blog will go back to regular scheduled Stone family programming. Unless by some miracle Kris wins, where I will have to right a post just for the ways I love him for beating Adam!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I wondered if Adam's pants were crushed velvet? Thought provoking indeed. Yeah I actually picked up the phone and voted last night, just to stand up for normalcy. And that last song...what the? Kara bugs. Alec and I have been fast forwarding her for a few weeks now. It should be interesting to see who the judges will be next season.
I was really hoping Kris would knock it out of the park last night. Oh, well! I still would by his album over Adams in a heartbeat. Maybe he still has a chance:) I would go see Adam on Broadway though:)
Post a Comment