Tuesday, May 12, 2009

AI Final 3

I always look forward to the judges picking a song for contestants because usually it ends up being the bomb. Like what most of America might want them to sing. Tonight, was not the case. First off....who else noticed AGAIN that Adam went last!! And also that Simon was picking the song...very interesting and yes rigged!

I thought Danny did a great job on his first song considering no one has ever heard of that song and/or Terence Trent Darby unless you were in jr. high in the 80's like me. But glad to know that Paula got a good dance out of it and probably pretended to be at a night club in her glory days. And I don't know what they are saying about his dancing, cause I think he is fine. I LOVED his second song. GREAT choice and he sounded awesome! What more can you say about that.

Okay Kris I thought was pretty good on his first song. Although he does bug me in ways, I was at least impressed that I think the guy has talent. He can do more than one instrument and sing at the same time. I was LOVING it when Simon slammed Kara for her outrageous comments. Just so you know, I believe that she is also in on the plot of rigging the show. She seems to only have good comments and amazement faces saved up for Adam. Interesting...She bugged me the WHOLE show tonight! You know you are a sad case Kara when you make Paula almost look more refined.... I couldn't believe she would pick a song and then rip it to shreds like he was the idiot! HELLOOOOO. I have to say for the second song though...he lost me on guitar. Whenever he pulls the guitar out I want to run out of the room because his whole dancing, side singing, presence with the guitar bugs me. And it again reminds me why I don't want to see him make an album, because I would have to endure more of that action. The song was okay if you closed your eyes and didn't watch.

Now for the last and final annoyer of the night Adam. First, let's discuss the acid wash shirt that he wore during his first song. I haven't seen a "denim" shirt in many a year. And acid wash at that. And showing his freshly shaven baren chest. Yay!! (BARF) And then to sing "One" and so ROYALLY destroy it with his lack of any melody resembling the original song and his tongue thrusts. That was the most Whitney Houston version of "One" that I have ever heard. I hope U2 was pissed that they ever let him give it a go!! And all his smarmy cheessy condescendingness at the end of it to America like "do you guys know how incredible the lyrics are? Don't just focus on my awesome singing" Wow, thanks Adam! And who else felt like that was really not "fair play". U2 vs. Terrence Trent Darby hmm...I wonder which America will like better? Darn you American Idol for rigging the show once again! And my only happiness came at the end of the night when he was finished giving us his best rockettes version of "Crying" which wasn't all that impressive at all. I wonder which he studies more during the week, his sultry looks and cat like walking, or the tongue thrusts?? AHHH please America don't let him win!! Save yourselves!! At least we have one more week before the final blow.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Love it!! I'm laughing so hard right now about the acid wash shirt. Classic!! I liked Kris tonight. Both songs. His side singing is annoying but I also like John Mayer, so the face doesn't bother me too much. Adam was a bit much tonight, but his song choice didn't hit it out of the park. That told me he isn't as amazing as they think - he isn't the bomb afterall. And Danny was ok to me. Basically I think it will be Adam and Danny in the end. But oh how I will pray that Adam gets the boot in his acid washed jeans to match. :)

Rach said...

DANG IT! I am so sorry that I missed watching the carnage! Do you still have it on Tivo? But I'm not sure if I can watch Adam slauter my most fav U2 song ever... that just might be to much for me to handel. Oh Margs what to do? LOL... I remember Terance Trent Darby! To funny! :D