Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm Lovin It

So why do I like American Idol so much? I guess it is a good wholesome distraction of everyday life and being a mother. It reminds me of my Mom and sisters hanging out critiquing the funniness and loving it. My Mom even use to vote which I think is awesome. Yes I love American Idol, it rocks! I'm super excited for the final 13 and because my tivo crapped out last week, I actually missed Anoop and Matt getting in. But Dave saw the end (supposedly) and told me Anoop was the one that made it. We can no longer trust Dave's information solely when American Idol is at stake. I found out later that Matt was also in which is a darn good thing!

So tonight was overall not as bad as I thought it would be from some. But still, plenty of good tv watching. I also have to say that overall I love ALL of Simon's comments. I almost always totally agree. I usually say the same thing to Dave before Simon gets on, only he says it better and more to the point. Gotta love it!

First off I have to say that I was loving Michael Jackson week. I have to admit I am a fan. But I have to clarify that I am a fan of the "normal" Michael back in the day of Thriller. Why or why couldn't he have stayed that way?? I remember walking to Kmart and buying the Thriller album. For some reason my Mom let me cross Foothill right off the freeway by just dodging the traffic and not going to a stop light or anything at age 10 or so to get to Kmart. But hey, that's part of the adventure and growing up in the 70's/80's. And getting Michael's "Thriller" was worth it. I even had an awesome friend Melissa who ACTUALLY (and I hope she somehow saved this) had a Michael Jackson Barbie. It was the bomb!! I use to go over to her house just to play with it. Lucky!

Starting off with Lil, I was disappointed. She wasn't her usual goodness to me. And I had to agree with Simon the outfit was terrible. What was the "glam squad" thinking?? The white pants that peg at the leg are never a good idea. Does this remind anyone else of jr. high? So, hopefully she will stick around because usually I like her much better.

Forgive me if I get the order wrong here, but next I'll talk about Michael. Not much to say really. I think he can't ever make it in a population of tiny boppers voting (and a 34 year old wannabe). Dave and I also noticed tonight that he is a "side singer". We have previously found those in life who are "side talkers" but now we also hate a new set of people on AI who are "side singers". That means that you talk/or sing with only one side of your mouth will kind of trying to smile/or look sexy. Really bugs us! The only good thing I can say about Michael is that I'm sure all his singing is natural talent that he has never been trained at all. So that's a cool thing!

Jasmine, she just bugs me and I hope we can really move on from her soon. She really does act like a robot. Kris Allen also bugged me. He is trying WAY to hard to be John Mayer. I just can't stand someone who has studied some other singer so much that they are sounding like them and doing their exact moves/facial expressions. Bugs! And also, he is a side singer, 2nd strike for him!

Danny Gokey was awesome as usual. I thought he rocked the house. He may have been one of the best of the night. That guy is just plain talented. And how can you not love PYT! Did anyone else notice though when Paula dances she is off beat? Interesting to watch, she has some troubles.

Allison also rocked the house. She is my kind of chic. And she is not so scary and jaded as our rocker chic friend from last year. She really really can sing. I thought her song choice was really good too. Pretty cool for a 16 year old to be that talented.

Oh no Jorge, it wasn't good dawg. Didn't he remind you of some bad 70's movie that plays on Saturday afternoon, when no one should be watching tv, and it makes you turn off the tv and read a book instead of watching it. It was just not not good at all. His singing is okay but he has a whacked sense of good music I think.

Scott is an incredible guy. I am totally in awe of his piano talents and how he is even learning that music in a week by ear! That is just plain incredible. I just think he is an awesome, humble, incredible human being. BUT, the singing is not the best dog. I really want this guy to be like a composer for movies, or write a broadway play or something. I would love to see more of him though, but don't think that he can win it, except for he should because he is overall amazing.

Megan, dear Sandy, Utah neighbor, I think you are beautiful. I think that your voice can be really cool if I was listening to it on the radio. But I think you are awkward to watch/dance or whatever you are doing. And I think that picking "Rockin Robin" could be a very detrimental choice. Although, once again, my kids really dig it.

Anoop needs to ashoop off of the AI stage. This guy drives me nuts! While I respect him for his tenacity to sing "My Prerogative" about 300 times in the competition trying to sing "Beat It" was total suicide. He reminds me of a guy who really really really wants to be a rocker, but just ain't. Someone like Kenny Loggins who tries to rock it out with "Footloose" (which really isn't rockin out) but then ends up also singing "Pooh Corner". He really needs to go.

Adam, I'm just not sure I'm "gettin it" with Adam. Yes, I know he dresses super "hot" for the young ladies and even has his eyeliner. And I think he really rocks it out, but he seems so canned. Like the whole thing is choreographed to the hilt. Every move, wink, expression, bang/hair toss. I reserve my full judgement for him in the coming weeks, but I'm just not sure I get it. I think he has talent, but what kind, is the question.....

Matt, Matt, Matt, I love ya! He is definitely the front runner for me. He is even better with the piano this week. I was lovin it! To me he has it all, talent, looks, taste in music etc. Please keep him on! (You know I voted for him peeps, about 15 times! Probably not enough but hey, I had to come down here and write this post)

Alexis was pretty good. I kind of dig her style. I actually thought that she had the best song choice for her for the night. I forgot how much I loved that song AND watching the MTV video with my big sis Amy. I don't think she blew it out of the water but I thought it had good moments and she is definitely on the right track for her voice.

Ooo can hardly wait for whats to come. When they said tonight there are 10 more weeks I was like YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! 10 weeks of bliss!

6 comments:

Brooky said...

So how do you find the time to actually sit and watch the whole show without being interupted?

Brooky said...

P.S. and then remember it all?

Melissa Morgan said...

Thank you for reminding me about my Michael Jackson Barbie:) My silly parents basically threw all my most favorite toys away....MJ Barbie, Barbie Motorhome, my dollhouse, etc... I don't know what they were thinking! I still can't believe our parents used to let us cross foothill like we did. Scary but good times.

Beebs said...

Well answer to the first question is tivo!! But also my kids like watching it too. And I am a sad case because sometimes I take notes. :-)

Andrea said...

I finally watched the show from last week. It was pretty good overall. Good times with the Michael Jackson memories.

I agree about Lil's outfit. Yikes, baby's got back! And I also agree about Adam. He is obviously talented, but he just bothers me sooo much!! He just doesn't seem genuine--like he's just playing the rocker role. And his hair!! I just want to get him a headband or something to get his hair off of being stuck to his face!

I also love Matt the piano guy. I dig his style, voice and piano talent. I hope he continues. The blind guy is starting to bug me. Can I say that? I just don't think he sings very well.

Anyway...glad I got to read your post finally.

rachael said...

I was sad about having to miss the shower as well---I have missed out on a lot of things in the last couple of weeks to get my place done to move in! Hopefully that busyness will end soon though.. I am about done painting and hope after this productive week I can be done! And I posted some color photos of the front room so take a look!