Tuesday, March 17, 2009

AI Week 2

I'm not really sure what I think of the new format for AI with the judges being able to "save" people. Doesn't this entirely throw off the whole premise for the show which is that America decides? Like they don't trust our judgement? Fortunately last week our judgement was correct with Jasmine and Jorge going. Thank goodness the oh so superior judges did not over ride us!
It's always interesting on country week. For some people it is the bomb diggity, and for some it is the kiss of death. Fortunately this time around it mostly was a good thing for people. Starting off with Michael, I think they thought it was their biggest country contestant that they could throw at us. Unfortunately, where he should of soared I think he sunk. Really Michael is just out of his league and pretty boring. Not even country was his thang.
Next up was Allison. I totally thought that she rocked it! Really tonight she did prove that she could sing anything. I was shocked that she even did well on country week. But she was one of the better performances tonight.
Kris Allen, again, he got a tivo gong from me. Something about him just really bothers me. I was trying to figure it out tonight. I think for 1 he just oozes with cheesiness. And then secondly I think he is the type of guy who in his small circle of friends and family is the "hot" one. So he thinks he is the hot one. And goes out there like he is the most beautiful hot singer you ever saw. And he just isn't. At least tonight he was not impersonating Jon Mayer.
I thought Lil did okay. At least she was dressed better this week. And what was with Simon calling her "Little" LOL. Doesn't he think Lil could be short for Lily or Lillian? She is a good singer though, in general she is one of my faves.
Scott is the winner for best composer. His arrangements are great but really he is lacking in the singing skills. I know we need to vote for him cause he is a good guy and all, but I think that he would be better served getting the boot and working for the producers of AI helping the music crew make better song arrangements.
Alexis is a cute little gal with a good voice. But I think that she is just generally out of her league. I find myself nervous while she is singing because I'm not sure that she is as good as the others. But she should stay in cause she has potential. Not to mention a cool pink streak in her hair. Gotta love the gumption.
Anoop actually proved himself tonight. I could never get past "my perogative" to know if he was ever good at singing! Tonight he showed the world that he isn't just a wannabe but an actual great singer! I was really proud of him. Cause I like him and I thought for once he was acting like himself, rather than a guy who wants to be a rocker.
This was my least favorite of Danny's performances. I like him tons but he didn't really rock it out for me dawgs. He was just okay. He was super shakey in the beginning and not even as powerful as I wanted him to be in the chorus. Sorry but he can't touch Carry Underwood on that song. Still love you though Danny!
Megan...hmm.... she is so intersting. I think you either love her or hate her. Either way though, doesn't she make you EXTREMELY uncomfortable when you watch her!! I want her to take a serious valium before she goes out. She looks so free loving and adventerous, but really I think she is scared to death! I like her general sound if I didn't have to watch her. She was much better tonight than last week. But her dress HAS TO GO!!! Especially the necklace draping down into her unbra-ed bossoms. I was really hating watching her! Please someone in wardrobe help her!! *Note to all those who don't live in Sandy, Utah..this is not how we normally dress!
Matt is still the front runner for me. He has it all! You can just tell he is danged talented! Plus he is actually cute and unlike Kris, has some humility about him. AND he plays the piano!! I'm lovin it!
So...I saved the worst for last tonight...ADAM!! What in the....???? He is back to annoy us for yet another week. My favorite part was watching Randy Travis watch him! CLASSIC! You could see on his face he was thinking what the rest of America was screaming at the tv. That was just scarey! Maren at one point turned to me and said "Mom, he is acting like a girl right?" I found this very poignant and funny at the same time. Let me tell you a bit of trivia from a girl perhaps who maybe watches to much reality television. OR maybe I should say, tonight I discovered I watch too much reality singing shows. BECAUSE when I watched Adam it brought me back to the summer of 2007 when Dave and I faithfully viewed a small tv show called Rockstar Supernova. It's the same thing as AI but only rocked out. And actually a better show. To bad it got canceled after that. ANYWAY, watching Adam tonight reminded us of a great performance on this show by Dilana of none other than.. Ring of Fire. Which was the SAME THING that Adam attempted, only it was done much much better and by a freakier person who is actually probably freaky and a rocker and not just pretending to be such. Check it out if you want to see it :
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/143224/712059
(To view this copy and paste the link)
I love when people go on AI and think they are "oh so original" when really they don't know that weirdos like me remember ever performance from reality music shows. lol
PLEASE could we anti-vote this week for Adam? Unfortunately with the new rule change ALL of America would just be over-rided by Randy and Kara Laguardia...ugh!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Adam totally needs the boot this week - but yes, then we would get the "we are actual artist judges and know what we're talking about America, so we shall override your decision." I think the new format takes away the "American Idol" title. It's more like "Randy, Paula, Kara, and Simon Idol" - except, do we really want Paula in there? No! But, I have to agree with Matt being the bomb this week! I loved him!! I wished I had a Tivo so I could have watched it over again. He has talent for sure - vocally and with actually being original (like Adam wishes he were). And Megan - if you close your eyes you might like her better. I tried it last night. It was kind of what I used to do with ArchuLOTTA last year because he made me nervous with his trying-to-dance antics. I love Megan's type of voice...just not the rest of her. :)

Andrea said...

I'm so glad that you and Catherine dislike Adam as well. He's so foul and dramatic to me! But, I can't get Alec to dislike him!! Matt is definitely my fav. And poor Megan, is so awkward when performing. I am always on edge during her performances, because I'm afraid she'll do too many lame twisty moves. Plus I agree with Simon that they are trying to make her look to sexy or something. It's a little much. Can't wait to see who gets the boot tonight. I hope it's the blind guy or the country guy. If only we could vote negatively.

Beebs said...

ALEC likes that guy! What?? We need an intervention stat!

{krista} said...

I loathe Adam. With every fiber of my being. And Megan, she has such a unique and cool voice, but dang, that dress was causing serious damage to my eyes in the chest area. Holy crap! Atrocious!!! I'm betting Simon couldn't get past her chest to even notice if she was singing. I like Kris, I don't know why, but I do. i don't think he'll go very far, though. As far as everything else... I totally agree... especially about Scott. I am going to have to remember to come back for Idol gossip next week... LOL