


Dear Mom-
Two years has gone so fast. It seems like just yesterday that you were here with us. Yet, I can't believe how much has changed. Hopefully I've changed for the better in many ways. I hope that you would be proud of me. I appreciate so much now, and more every day, for the things that you taught us. To be a good person, to hold your head up high, to be Christlike, to be honest and true and full of integrity. To mean what you say and say what you mean. To be kind to others, even when they aren't kind to you. To be graceful and clean, even though I haven't fully mastered these yet, at least not as well as you had. To be refined, to enjoy the arts and to enjoy expression through music and dance. To be dignified and respectful. All of these qualities were a part of you and a part of what you taught us as a mother. You taught me so much through service. I can't believe the endless service that you rendered to others. Never wanting any credit or asking for appreciation. Just doing it out of love and thoughtfulness. Your unwaivering energy to get things done I still marvel at. Everything you did was perfection! From your home to your children. Your mission here on earth was to raise children up unto the Lord and to teach them of His gospel. I know you did that and did that to perfection Mom! Even though having you gone is such a rip off, has changed our life completely, I know that you wouldn't want to be any other place than in heaven and serving our Heavenly Father. I know that you have a great work to do! Once in awhile, check in on me though! You would love the kids, how sweet they are. With Matthew's baptism and Will's curly locks and billboard and Maren's sassiness. You would have loved it. And hopefully you get to see some of it now and then. Mom, I look forward to the day we meet again. Until then, may I live the kind of life that you taught me to live and that you would have counseled me to live. I still hear many of your words of advice in my mind. I love you Mom!!
"To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die."
love-
Margaret








8 comments:
Margs,
That was so beautiful. Your mom would be so proud of you. I know that I am proud to be your friend. You are an amazing person. And a wonderful wife, mom, and friend. And even though I didn't know your mom very well...I am sure you are more like her then you think. You are such an example to me and I am a better person just by knowing you. And I am honored that you would want to be my friend. Love you Margs!
It's true. It seems like hardly a day goes by when I don't recall some advice Mom gave. And it's not like she gave out unsolicited advice all that much. It is more like I think of her example, and wish I could get her advice. I can't believe we haven't been able to talk to her for 2 whole years! We're going to have a lot of catching up to do one day!! But, I'm sure it won't take too long to "sum it up", because I'm positive that she is near us often and aware of all the important stuff in our lives. Even still, I miss her.
I'm soooo grateful to have you, Margaret. I know that Mom is proud of you, and the wonderful sister, friend, mother and wife that you are. I love you!
Now that I'm bawling at my computer...thank you for writing that Margs, and for reminding all of us what Mom was about. I'm so glad I have you to comfort me when I'm missing her, and remind me of that sound advice she always gave. I love you girl! And I know she watches over us more than we think - her kids were her life, and I'm sure that continues on.
I can still hear your Mom's sweet voice and see her in the kitchen on your Scenic Drive home. She was a gem and really raised the bar on motherhood...but she has passed it all onto you girls and she would be proud of you. She is proud of you. I like what Andrea said in her post that she's on a visitin teaching route..of sorts. Even though you can't see her, she is aware of you. So glad you are keeping her memory alive!
Thinking of you.
Wow! What a wonderful gift you have with words. You captured the essence of your mother so perfectly, Margs! I agree with all of your other "commenters" your life as a woman and mother are a pure tribute to your mom and how she raised you. She is so proud of you and I'm sure peeking in on more of your life than you think. Thank you for continuing her legacy with your wonderful friendship and example. I love you! Brooke
You remind me a lot of your mom and have many of her attributes. It is wonderful to see all her children carry on what she taught and lived so well. I am thankful that I can continue to learn from her as I learn from you. And I am honored to call you and your siblings my family. Know that we are here for anything for you....we love you!
What a neat tribute to your mom. She looks like an amazing lady. By the way, I love your wedding picture...you look so cute.
Margaret, you always have such an eloquent way to express yourself. I love this post and I was so glad I got to talk to you on that day. I hope you have a nice evening with your siblings. She would be so proud of you. Thanks for being such a great friend to me.
Post a Comment