Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Festival of Trees

Yesterday my sisters and I got the chance to decorate a tree in my Mom's honor for the Festival of Trees. It was truly an awesome experience! It was a lot of work and was actually 6 months in the making. But we had tons of fun and I knew in my heart that my Mom would be so proud of us and would have loved the tree! We did it in a musical theme because our Mom was so appreciative of music and the arts and made each and every one of us play an instrument, mainly the piano. My Mom and I had a lot of fun and special moments walking around Festival together as well. So it's neat and sad all at the same time to be doing this tree. But, I'm so glad we could do this in her name and that we had the great experience of all being together and thinking of Mom. Plus all the proceeds go to Primary Children's, which is such a great cause! So check it out if you are going to Festival, we are on isle E. And really these pics don't do it justice. You have to see it to really appreciate it. It is gorgeous!










5 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't believe how much you all look alike! So beautiful. It looks like you had a wonderful time too.

Catherine said...

That was such a fun day!! A lot of work, but well worth it. Thanks for all you do Margaret. Mom would be so proud of that beautiful tree!

Andrea said...

Those are some good memories. I love the pic of Adam and Steve doing all the heavy lifting for us. And we all look a little tired in the picture at the end of decorating day. Not tired, so much as dazed from staring at the details of the tree.

Our tree rocked! Mom would have been so in love with it. I'm glad we got to spend a day together and thinking about Mom.

Kari said...

Margie, I'm so glad you had such a fun experience with your sisters doing this in memory of your Mom!! The tree is beautiful!!

holly said...

Wow! The tree is BEAUTIFUL! You can tell you guys put a lot of time and thought into the tree.