Wednesday, December 12, 2007

San Francisco!

Dave and I were able to get away and go to San Fran with just the 2 of us this past weekend! It was SO awesome!!! We just love San Francisco. If I was in an alternate universe living with just me and Dave and no kids I would move there in a heartbeat. The vibe of the city is just so awesome! It is really like "home" to me. You have everything there, downtown city feel, ocean feel, and just about a 1/2 hour outside San Fran you have mountains with beautiful redwoods and the mist floating in. Just breath taking! It was a much needed respite! Thanks to my loving Dave who let me do this trip against his better judgement probably. But I needed it more than words can say. We enjoyed eating and shopping and one day drove down to Monterrey and did highway 1 which runs right next to the ocean. Then we also took a detour on highway 35 (I'm assuming a little known road) where we had a blast looking at the forest beauty, seeing the Christmas tree farms and winding our way down a one lane road where cars were driving both ways. :-) We also loved seeing dive little roadside cafe's where we imagined that you could probably get killed there and no one ever would know you were missing or where you were. Like that movie/book Misery. We imagined that the writer got that plot line from driving on Highway 35 in CA. lol It was also so awesome seeing the city all dressed in Christmas lights and music. We even got to go to a free Christmas concert in Union Square with a light jacket! Now that was something. All in all, I'm glad we did it. I loved being in San Fran and I loved being with Dave, how lucky I am! Oh and thanks to Helen and Bill who watched our kids and shoveled bucket loads of snow we understand the entire time.


9 comments:

Denise said...

Nifty! I've never been there. I know, losah. But it looks beautiful, and sounds fabulous. Yeah, you chose a good time to go. The snow here was out of control!

Victoria said...

Love the pictures! I am so glad you had a great time, you needed it and deserved it! :)

Andrea said...

I'm so jealous, it sounded like so much fun! How relaxing!!

Catherine said...

I'm so glad you got to go Margs!! You definitely deserved it after this crazy year you've had. It looks so pretty - makes me want to go back. And p.s. you look soooo soooo much like Mom in that picture of you and Dave in the jacket. Very cool.

Leah said...

So glad you were able to go and have a wonderful time.
BTW, I love your new family picture. So cute!

Kari said...

Sounds like an AWESOME trip, Margie! Laren and I are going to SF next year. So this was especially fun to read!

We all need time away with our sweetie sometimes!!

holly said...

I'm glad you and Dave had a good time! As much as we love our kids, we all need a get away from them. I'm sure it was a much needed vacation and I'm glad you guys were able to go and enjoy one another.

Lisa said...

That sounds like you had such a terrific get away! I am so glad. So did you see the "Bigfoot" sighting places along the way. LOL They always cracked me up. Interesting none the less :)

Heidi said...

What a fun get-away! Cute pictures, too!!!