Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SLC

Just want to add on a couple short comments like .... SHOUT OUT TO RIVERTON HIGH in honor of my nephews! And also, what is with the Somoan girl whose parents moved her to HURRICANE, UTAH to get noticed for her talent!?? HUH?? Catch my drift here! I think you would get more noticed staying in Somoa. But not just that I couldn't believe that Randy said she was the best of the night. Sometimes I'm thinking Randy is def. She was okay but, someone wasn't likin it.. and that was me!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Yeah, shout out to Riverton High! And I said the exact same thing about the girl moving to Hurricane...random.

Rach said...

SNORE! UHG! I was so disapointed.. is that all we had? Terrible :( and the piece du resistance?..... That cliche Osmond kid! NO?! Really?! PULEEEZ! BARF! If he can't get a recording career on his own, then how low of him to go on AI and try and wow the judges with his sparkley last name and mediocre vocals. BAD FORM! Who needs another pretty boy country singer who gets by with bad lyrics and an okay voice. Who puts on a false vabrada so they can tell how much he feels his music. If you really want to know what I mean go to... mormontimes, click on showcase, then click on showcase again, then scroll down to you know who Osmond. Then play his song... and see for your self. Sorry about the rant Margs, but isn't this what we wait for all year long?

Nici said...

Here is my take on last night:
I do think Utah has a LOT of good singers. However what is lack is originality. I am sure lots of people came in and sounded good, but they all sound the same. I am guessing they just got tired of the same old stuff and let people in for uinique-ness instead of talent.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey Hey!

This is Josh! And Austin's my friend! I sit by him in A'Capella. I'm... practically famous! haha Just kidding

So here is a random fact that I thought you might like to know. If you remember, Austin sang two songs. Well, he told my choir class that the second song he sang wasn't the one that he had prepared. It is actually a song that A'Capella (my school's big choir - 140 people) had sung. He told us he COMPLETELY forgot what his second choice song was so he sang "It Takes a Village". Pretty good for right off the spot, yeah?

So anyway, that's a fun fact for you. :)

-Josh

Denise said...

Well...I'm gonna play devil's advocate for a minute. Because I went to the Mormontimes showcase thing to listen to the song, and noticed it was Nathan Osmond on there. Not David Osmond. They're brothers. David is the one on AI. So that's not a valid comparison.

Also, I saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat on the national tour when Donny Osmond was starring in it. But the night we went, he was sick and the understudy took over. His understudy was his nephew: David Osmond. And his voice was fantastic. So he can clearly do r&b and musical theater -- it wouldn't surprise me if he could do country as well. I think he could turn out to be very multifaceted.

I also think, as he acknowledged, his last name is as much a liability as it is an asset. I heard him say in an interview, "it's a foot in the door, but also a kick in the teeth." it will be interesting to see if it works for him or against him on AI.

Beebs said...

Josh, somehow I just knew that was a choir song! What other kid his age would just happen to know that song. Anyway, he did a good job I thought and I think he could have a good shot. Insider tips...has he already gone to hollywood? I'm thinking yes right? And I guess he can't tell you anything. Although I don't know how you can keep a boy that age quiet. Anyway, just wondering if you had any insider info! Yay RIVERTON HIGH!!

Catherine said...

Shout out to Riverton High indeed! I didn't feel the SLC represented as much as I would have liked - but they definitely chose the random weirdos that were there to show a little "spice" in that episode perhaps.