Dave took off a couple of days of work and we were able to go do some fun things around town. On Monday we went to our yearly visit to the pumpkin patch at Engh Gardens. If you haven't been there you should go check it out. It's free, although we think they jack up the pumpkin price, oh well.:-) They have a small maze to go through and they have a pirate ship that they've built. And lots of pumpkins in all sorts of different shapes, colors and sizes! They have pumpkin varities there that I have never seen before! This year we got one big pumpkin to share with the whole family. Then on Tuesday we went to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving point. It was a lot of fun. I hadn't been there for a few years and it was a lot nicer than I remembered. They had this little cave the kids got into. They had a sand and water type sandbox thingie where you could make floods, lakes etc. by moving around the sand, trees and dinosaurs. They had a sand pit that was for an archeological dig where you could uncover fossils, totally fun! Then after we took our yearly trip up to the Alpine loop. We have done this since the year I was pg with Matthew. We love taking a picture at the top and comparing them year to year. And we love gathering leaves and taking a small hike. It's an awesome family tradition! We had a lot of fun, sad Dave can't take off more days.
Will and our family pumpkin!
Matthew in the corn maze. The kids in the cave at the dinosaur museum. Our hike in the alpine loop. This picture is mostly funny to me because my boys hate getting their hands dirty. It really cracks me up!! Kids playing in the sand at the dinosaur museum. My little archeologists. Kids at the top of the Alpine Loop. (Will was asleep.)
Oh good times!! Staycations are the bomb - don't have to pay to fly somewhere, and don't have to pay for a hotel room. It looks like you guys have been having fun. You definitely have some fun traditions!!
Funny, I was about to start my comment with "good times", but I guess Catherine stole my line.
But, good times!! We kind of did a stay-cation last month, and it was way fun to get out and do some of the things that we have been wanting to do for a while.
And what a great idea to just get one giant pumpkin for the whole family. You'll have to let us know if there are a lot of guts to contend with when carving it.
I feel like I've been blog slacking! All of a sudden, you have all these posts! I miss you!
I love all your pictures. I can't believe how much older Matthew looks and that you are planning a baptism! That is awesome-seriously! We'll talk soon. I came down with some little sick bug after my trip from Oregon, so when I'm better, we'll have to get together. :)
OK, I hope you check this, since I don't have your email, and you don't have it listed on your profile. We need to talk about next Wednesday. I forgot that Ciara has computer class.
6 comments:
Oh good times!! Staycations are the bomb - don't have to pay to fly somewhere, and don't have to pay for a hotel room. It looks like you guys have been having fun. You definitely have some fun traditions!!
Funny, I was about to start my comment with "good times", but I guess Catherine stole my line.
But, good times!! We kind of did a stay-cation last month, and it was way fun to get out and do some of the things that we have been wanting to do for a while.
And what a great idea to just get one giant pumpkin for the whole family. You'll have to let us know if there are a lot of guts to contend with when carving it.
Great pictures and a great day! How fun!
I love this time of year! It was fun seeing all these fun things you got to do and fun that Dave could take some time off to do them with you.
I feel like I've been blog slacking! All of a sudden, you have all these posts! I miss you!
I love all your pictures. I can't believe how much older Matthew looks and that you are planning a baptism! That is awesome-seriously!
We'll talk soon. I came down with some little sick bug after my trip from Oregon, so when I'm better, we'll have to get together. :)
OK, I hope you check this, since I don't have your email, and you don't have it listed on your profile. We need to talk about next Wednesday. I forgot that Ciara has computer class.
Post a Comment