Matthew turned 8 this last weekend. Matthew is totally enthusiastic about everything so it makes everything fun! He got to have a birthday party with some friends at Boondocks where we miniature golfed in 40 degree weather and played laser tag and video games. It was a little boys dream. But note to self, taking 11 boys to a place that isn't self contained is maybe not the best idea. We had a fun day though and Matthew got lots of fun toys. His favorite so far is a Pirates of the Carribean Monopoly game. He asks to play it with me pretty much all day. And games with Matthew take at least 3 hours! :-) Don't tell him I went backrupt on purpose the other night just so I could go do the dishes. Matthew is really looking forward to his baptism coming up next month. I still remember the day that I had Matthew. After years of infertility treatments we were so thrilled. Everyday Matthew has been alive has been happy one! He is SUCH a good boy, good helper and big brother. He is a rule follower and sometimes is almost too good. He is smart and funny and has an awesome vocabulary. How lucky I am to get to be his mom!!
I just love Will's hair here because had been running everywhere and it's a major afro!



3 comments:
Yay for birthdays!! Happy birthday Matthew!! You're a fun loving Mom for throwing such an awesome birthday party. It's true - that is a boys dream for sure. I think that's hilarious that he likes the Monopoly game best - maybe there is hope that he'll be better at math than me!! I tend to dislike that game because I'm no good with the accounting. Good times! Matthew is the best!!
I love Matthew! He's so cute!! Maren and Will look so cute in all these pics, too. Yeah, Monopoly is not one of my favorites--it does take forever. I don't know that I have ever actually finished a game officially.
Matthew is such a cute kid! I loved it on Sunday when I went to do birthdays in primary and he was anticipating me calling his name. I love how excited they get when they know it's their birthday. And it's such a milestone of a birthday too! I'm excited to see him be baptized. That's one of the best parts of my calling. Great kids have great Moms!!
Post a Comment