Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hair

Well, for those of you who know me (and if you don't you are learning something here) I am in love (and I fully admit it) with Will's hair! It is ADORABLE! He is like a tiny little cherub of curly hair cuteness. I like to think that my Mom snuck that in for me as they crossed paths up in heaven. But he is just adorable and his attitude matches the hair! Well, recently some people (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) let me know that while I was enthusiastic about my little boys hair, that he was maybe starting to look like a girl. I'll admit that when I stood back from him leaving my mother's perspective behind, he was looking a bit worse for wear (although I wasn't sure if that was the food on his face or his hair or that we were at Lagoon) But nonetheless I took him to get his first "official" haircut today. No people, I did not cry, but I was on the verge. But I also didn't let them shave his head down. And YES I will still be using "product" in his hair. We gave him what the hair lady referred to as "the shag" and I think it's darling! And now maybe he looks a little less like a girl-like. But he is still my Willie cute chub man. And we also cut Maren's hair while we were at it and the lady gave her a cute little hairdo that I could never have enough patience/intelligence to figure out, so I took a pic of that because it will be probably the last day she wears it that way. Maren asked me after her hair was done if we could "go to the mall and show it off". I had to laugh cause this is totally something Mimi (Dave's mom) would say/do. Too cute! (BTW I took them to Cookie Cutter's and I highly recommend it. I wasn't really down with the "you need a kids hair cutting place to cut their hair", but when I went there they converted me. And they aren't paying me to say this! :-)
Mr. Willis before.









Will drinking the ketchup at lunch afterwards. I just thought that was too funny!

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Girl!!! I have to congratulate you on getting the courage to do it. And I'm proud of you for holding back the tears - but dawg!!! He looks soooooo ridiculously cute with that hair!!! He is definitely a ladies man with that shag!! I love it!! And Maren's hair is adorable - so cute! And I see you went to Training Table without me - next time call me and I can ditch work to meet you there. Steve will never go with me. Love you girl!!

holly said...

They both look cute. I LOVE Will's hair too. The cut looks good. You can still see his handsome curls.

Andrea said...

He looks super-cute! Very manly. (: But I have to say that Alec does have a bad influence on people--he even worked his Jedi mind tricks on you! Next thing you know, you'll be walking around with a mixing bowl on your head. hehe

Holly said...

Cute haircuts!! Getting Easton's hair cut is like torture for him and me. He HATES it! Maybe I need to try that place. It's just hard to give up the "free" haircut from my sister-in-law. Drinking the ketchup makes me laugh because it is something Hailey would do.

Jen said...

I'm glad that he still has plenty of cute curls. I love the new do on both of your kids.

Monica said...

Maren's comment cracks me up! Her and Briley are such "girly-girls". I love it. I love Will's hair too-I think it still looks great and you can still see the awesome curls!

Brooky said...

Marg...I love the hair cuts. Way cute. You look like your busy. We should really go to lunch......we only talked about it in April.

Kelly said...

Love the hair! I know girls at school who would cut off a finger for those curls.

Amanda said...

I would have hard time cutting those curls too. They are very handsome...but he still looks adorable after!