Thursday, September 18, 2008
EGGS!!
In the last 2 months Will has broken 66 eggs for us. No, not cracked them into a recipe, not scrambled them, but lovingly smeared and smashed them all over my fridge and floor! WHY does he do this? I'm not sure but I have a few theories, one is he dislikes our fridge and we need to get a fridge that is on the top and the freezer on the bottom oh and in stainless steel preferably (DAVE!) . I also think that he wants to make sure to get rid of all the eggs (seemingly which are his nemesis) as soon as I have bought a new carton full of lovely pefect egg goodness (went to Target yesterday). Too have one venomous egg in our fridge would be overwhelming for Will obviously. I think he also enjoys doing his lovely art work the second I take a shower cause I wasn't up at 6 am to take my usual shower. It's a just punishment for my sleeping into 7, at least he thinks so. Why don't I have a picture of his eggie cutenss, cause I'm not a good Mom and I'm more mad than I am endeared to his poultry mess! I'm not a cute scrapbooking, fun loving "look at you with all your messy salmonella eggs all over my kitchen" kind of mom. This is one thing I have learned about myself in my last 7+ parenting years, taking pictures when I am mad and disgusted by my kids doesn't make me happier. But, I thought it would be a nice vent and feel lucky I didn't take a picture because it wouldn't have been pretty, I had just gotten out of the shower when Maren reported the felony to me. Enough said!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Good times up in here!! I gotta say - I would not do well with raw eggs all over the floor and fridge. Perhaps that's my "love" of salmonella :). Sorry there have been so many casualties!!
WILLIS!! Yeah, I do think you need a fridge with doors on top. ;) But if he's anything like Nathan, he'll just figure out some way of scaling the fridge to still reach the eggs. It's all fun and games to imagine for other people, but not when you're the one cleaning it up!
Oh, Will "cracks" me up but I'm with you, I think if I take a picture of something they did bad, they might think it is so cute and be inclined to do it again!
Oh Margaret, I can only imagine the mess. That does not sound like fun to clean up!
Yuck, I just shiver at the thought of having to clean up all those raw eggs. But it is kind of funny . . . you will have to try to get pics next time so you can show him when he gets older. My kids got into stuff yesterday, and before my husband got mad, he did take some pics of Caden covered in shaving cream.
Naughty little Will! I hate cleaning up food messes. I can't keep Brooklyn out of the toliet! Gross.
Of all the things to have to clean up! I am right there with Monica on the toilet thing. Nick is fascinated with the toilet. Yuck!
I love that you've kept a tally.
Sorry he gets into your eggs, that is a horrible mess. I would put a lock on my fridge!
I can take a picture of Everett smearing butter on the table..but eggs? No way.
Post a Comment