Friday, June 20, 2008

Maren is a star!


Maren had 2 big events in the past week. She had her first pre-school program and her first dance recital. Of course she was darling in both of them! I couldn't get over how fast she has grown. I still remember holding that sweet little girl in a pink outfit when she was born, and how much I was in love with her. She was totally a joy as a baby and she is tons of fun as a pre-schooler. She is sassy, but she does everything with flare, and I like that! She was a parrot in her dance recital and she did such a good job, it was a bit of a nerve racking event for a 3 year old, but hopefully she'll want to do it again. The show was like 2 hours! I think it was a bit long for her and she missed me. But she loved the flowers and the attention. She did end up barfing after the show (not my best parenting moment. lol) but I'm hoping she is on the mend from that. Oh, it's times like that when your kid barfs in front of people, that I wish I had my Mom to say that she had been through that before. But I called my sister Andrea and we commiserated on a few things that we could personally remember that were probably most likely terrible embarassing parenting moments for my Mom as well. But today all Maren has talked about is how much she loved the stage, the flowers and how she knew everyone was proud of her because everyone clapped. Funny! But, I love that girl! How thankful I am for her in my life! I'm trying a video here at the bottom too, let's see how it works.

Maren was so cute, she was just posing this way, I thought it was so funny!

Smiling, even after barfing! You have to maintain the star presence! lol
Waiting for rehearsals.


This is Maren's teacher Miss Samantha.


7 comments:

Crysty said...

She is SO cute, Margie! Darling!

Lisa said...

She is a doll!

Andrea said...

Oh Maren--such a girly girl! I love that she was still smiling, with tears running down her face, for the photo op after throwing up. And she looks so cute in her preschool program. (Way to go on posting a video clip, btw. I haven't given that a try yet.)

Catherine said...

How cute!!! I love the video!! She did a great job in her dance recital too - and I must admit I would have been freaked being away from my Mom for that long. Poor thing! But, she still was so cute!!

holly said...

Maren looks absolutely adorable!

Monica said...

I thought our girls were SO CUTE!!!! I'm actually really excited for next year!

I'm sorry Maren didn't feel well... at least she didn't get barf on her cute costume! ( I love those)!!

We'll have to get together soon!

Rach said...

Awwww..... Mair Bear! She looks so darling, and of course she is a "Star". Maren wouldn't have it anyother way. You go girl!