Monday, August 6, 2007

Dancing Queen





Maren took her first day of dance class today! She was so cute. She absolutely loved doing all of it. She starts with tap and then she goes on to ballet. She was actually really good too. I was really excited for her because she had waited for this day I swear for a year now! She has always just really wanted to take a dance class. Since she is super girly, it is just so her. We even bought her a dance skirt today that she can wear next week. I am just so grateful today that I have a daughter and that she loves all the girly things that I do. It's so neat to watch her and to think of my Mom doing the same things for me as I am doing for her. And it made me realize how far reaching we are as mothers. What we do today will effect generations to come. Beause no doubt I am doing what I do with Maren because my wonderful Mom did with me!


5 comments:

Catherine said...

I love Maren's Larson legs! They are always accentuated with ballet tights! Oh, the good old days of dance. I have vivid memories of Mom pulling my tights up so hard and high that I actually was lifted off the ground. We won't even talk about the wedgies that came with that. Maren is so cute! I can hardly wait for her first recital!

Andrea said...

Love it! Maren looks so cute!! I knew she would love it. Did the tap shoes work out okay?

I'm so glad you put those photos from back in the day. Good times! You and I look like we could be dancing to Abba in that shot. I, like Catherine, remember being lifted off the ground by the ballet tight wedgie. Sadly I do it to Abigail, too!

Lisa said...

Oh Margie those pictures are so adorable! The ones of you too! So cute :)

Heidi said...

Oh - what fun pictures of BOTH of you!!! And what great memories you're building w/ your girly girl!

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures of your kiddoes! What a bunch of cuties!

And I love that you are remembering your mom as you do special things with your daughter. That is really neat!!