Friday, August 24, 2007

Firsts


More firsts this week. First of all Matthew got his first 100% on his first spelling test! I was so proud of him. He was also rather psyched because he earned a free donut at Harmon's for getting 100%. He earned another free donut today for getting another 100% and when he got home he said "now Dad can have one too and we'll eat them together!" So cute! He just love his Dad, and what kid do you know that would ever give up a donut to someone else. But this is just the kind of kid he is!



Then we had Maren's first day of pre-school! She was so excited to get to be big like Matthew now. Even though she is disappointed not to ride the bus. I shed a tear when I dropped her off. But then enjoyed going to the grocery store and cleaning with just one kid! Amazing what you can get done with one kid! I just can't believe she is old enough. When I picked her up she did say that "she cried" while I was gone, but that the "teacher patted me, just like you do to Mr. Willis (our nickname for Will if you don't know :-)" Anyway, it's been a long week and I'm looking forward to some down time. NOt sure how much I'll get as we have to family parties coming up. :-)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Congrats, Matthew on the spelling tests!

Maren looks so cute in her little school clothes!!

Good times.

Catherine said...

And Maren looks all grown up too. I LOVE her little outfit! Matthew's sentence is classic too!

Lisa said...

Ah Maren is SO adorable! Congrats Matthew! :)