
I didn't think there was any way last week that we would be lucky enough to get rid of Paul McDonald. But indeed we did get our hopes up that he was gone, just in time to have him come back again this week and slap us in the face with his horrible singing! Normally I fast forward on my DVR through the horrific group montages at the beginning of Idol or results night, but tonight I thought I had to watch the train wreck that was about to happen. It was like the "island of misfit toys" out there singing all together. Only they weren't really singing together and it didn't sound good at all! Each one of them reminded the American audience that in fact they did make a correct choice by NOT voting for them! Most notable though were Naima (because you can't beat her enormous David Lee Roth-esque kicks)

and of course who can not notice Paul "Old" McDonald and his incompetence. What were they thinking letting that dude back up on the stage? Do you think he was trying to get revenge? Could you believe the forgotten words, the not one note on key singing? And poor Pia who had to come and save him! Dave thought he was drunk, but I just thought it was him. Whoosh! Oh and by the way, I did see Meatloaf on a news program this week wearing the same tired suit that Old McDonald keeps sporting. Oh goodness! Sometimes America does get phone voting right...kudos!
So for the real contestants tonight, I would say that overall they all did a great job. I think this week really is a hard one to call. But I think that Lauren's "pre game show" whoa is me act may have done her in. I hope not because I thought that she was really good. You know what I want her to belt out is some Dixie Chics. Really that would sound so good! Maybe Dixie Chics are still a taboo group from their post-war comments in 2002 or whatever in the country community, but I think that would be awesome. I would love to hear her sing something like "Hole in My Head". Well I'm sure she doesn't read by blog, so I guess she will never get the memo, but she needs to pick up the pass and not be sooooo ultra sweet.
As for the other country folk on...Scotty McCreery he was really good tonight I thought. Vocally that is. If you saw people making fun of you on your "pre game show" piece about how you hold the microphone, don't you think you may not to change it and look somewhat normal? And I find it hard to believe that the mouthy producer guy can't also give him tips on stage presence. Please AI give him some type of movement coach! He is such a good singer, but I CAN NOT watch him. Oh and also I was appreciating him SITTING DOWN in the middle of his song. What was up with that? The audience can't see you if you are on the bottom step!
By far the best of the night was James. If you know me, you know I love the Muse and the angst and the drama. So I totally ate up what he was serving. The outfit, the cane/microphone stand, the marching band. Well actually at the beginning I wasn't sure about the marching band, but when I watched it back I was loving it. I was also loving him going up an octave on the chorus. Being an alto I can truly appreciate someone hitting notes that I cannot myself hit. I also thought it was great justice that he sang Muse seeing that a couple of weeks ago the lead singer was in fact there at Idol and they forgot to point him out, but did point out his girlfriend Kate Hudson. Come on this is a music show Idol...please also point out the Matt Bellamy! Anyway, James is da bomb dawgs!
So Haley wasn't as annoying as usual. And Adele is also one of my favorites, especially that song. My kids have heard me sing it far to many times in my mini van while I drive them around. I think they wonder who the heck I'm so mad at about long lost love. lol She didn't totally massacre the song she left out her growling thing that she usually does every other word, to maybe just a few words. So in that sense she was better. But I am still not in love with her. And interesting choice to not face the judges at all during the entire song. I still think she needs to go because I can pretty much predict she will still annoy me next week. Also tonight I decided that what is wrong with a lot of her singing is that she is all teeth. Not that she has a lot of teeth, but I think she sings with her teeth. Not sure if that makes sense, but it annoys me.
Jacob was just okay tonight dawgs. I think he is fading a bit. He could be next, but he also gave the emotional power play to the American audience. While I can understand the emotional loss it is to loose a parent, I wasn't even sure that he actually gave enough of it. I think maybe he sang that song so many times to try to not be emotional, that he wasn't that emotional in the end. He didn't give it his all. I am glad though that he sang Luther. You gotta love that!
As for Casey Abrams I am trying to figure out why he is so mad? What is with his anger? Do you think he has a problem? I think so! He was angry during a Maroon 5 song that I'm not even sure what it is about? Was he even suppose to be angry in that song? I listened to the lyrics over and over to try to figure it out. Overall I came up with that his anger was far to aggressive for a song that pretty much means nothing. He has to cut it out! I thought that Jennifer was turning her head cause she was scared he was going to lash out at her, not that she wanted a kiss. Oh Casey, you seem like a funny dude...lighten up!!!
I loved Stefano as usual, even though I have no clue who Neo is and the song was not my cup o' tea. But he did a good job with it ...I think (not sure cause I've never heard it before). But I think that he may also be in jeopardy. Since he never fully has had America's vote I always worry about him.
And finally, just for my own "Musings" I have to post one of my most dramatic fav Muse songs in homage...
http://youtu.be/NOoL9lyATcg



1 comment:
Good times. James and Lauren are my favorites these days. I think Idol really wants James to win. I don't know, they just seem to really talk him up. But that's okay with me, because I do like him. I feel about Casey how you feel about Scotty. I like him so much better when I'm not looking! He needed to have a hit before we saw him...you know, video killed the radio star. :)
Post a Comment