
Sorry for missing last week and that I'm writing so late, but better late than never right? I just don't know what to think about "movie theme" but I found myself EXTREMELY bored this week. I don't really know if movies are a good genre to pick music from. Yes, I know that lots of famous songs come from movies, but in general it's not my favorite way to find songs to listen too.
So we begin with Paul McDonald...all I have to say is I don't get it. The hair, the teeth, the suit, the music. Please give this man a guitar! When he doesn't have it, he is just wrong on stage! I am not digging him at all! On a side note about other people who I do not get, let's discuss Constantine. If you missed last weeks cast off show then you missed a lot more than seeing Pia go. You missed the resserrection of Constantine. You missed the piercing eyes, the hair flips the leather pants. Oh please AI no more Constantine!! (Oh and above is a fav pic of mine...enjoy!)
Can't remember the exact order here, so forgive me but I think it was Lauren. I think she did great with the Miley song and she is definately a MUCH better singer than Miley. I think Lauren just keeps getting better. She's one of my favs! Stefano also blew me away with his Boyz to Men. Brought me right back to high school. I even wanted his sweater that he had on. Don't you also just appreciate the enthusiasm of his parents in the audience. And as we all know, AI is continuing to keep him on because he is possibly one of the few people smaller than Seacrest. I did feel bad for him last week when Pia got the boot. Didn't you think everyone was acting like it should have been him. Good job judges taking away every last bit of Stefano's pride. So I was excited when he came back this week and gave it his all!
Oh Casey and Haley. Actually I have to start putting them together in my blog posts now because my cousin let me know that they were actually dating. There could be a scary child out there someday with some VERY interesting hair! Can you imagine? Anyway, I thought Casey overall did a great job. I love when he plays the bass and I LOVED the jazz feel. I had never heard that song before and was a little interested that STyler's Mom sang him "Nature Boy" as a child.... this may explain a lot. Anyway, the one thing I didn't like about Casey's performance was the voice! That's to bad since it is a singing competition. I don't know if I can even put my distaste of his mannerisms into words to have it make sense, but I hate the teeth snarling and how he adds an "ah" to the end of several words. He was doing jazz last night while still holding on to his "nirvana" persona. He's got to cut that out! But his girlfriend Haley just overall annoys. Bad dancing (My sister calls it her "swimming" move) , bad purple thigh high boots, and bad song choice. No one should even attempt Blondie except for Blondie. You know you can't ever do one of her songs justice. Haley HAS to go please!!
I was disappointed with Jacob Lusk last night. I was thinking "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" would be a great song choice for him. But he actually kind of bored me. I did love how producer man let him know not to preach to the audience this week. Good call on that! I think I may be getting kind of tired of Jacob's intenseness. So, he may be on his way out I think as well.
I actually loved Scotty McCreery this week and he should always be singing George Strait. I don't love country but I do love a handful of country singers and George is one of them. All Scotty needs now is some lessons on caressing the microphone a little less. He is hard to watch!! Also hard to watch for me last night was Will.i.am. Did he bother anyone else?? He seemed to really be grand standin' to the youngsters. He kind of reminded me how of how a senior acts towards a freshman in high school. I was not digging it at all!
And of course as always I loved James last night. I'm not that into metal that intense, but he always does such a good job and really brings his whole soul into it! That guy seriously needs to win! But I can't totally pick winners yet, although I have my suspicions and of course he will definitely be in the top 2 I think. My prediction for who is going home tonight...Jacob, although I wish it was Haley darn it!



No comments:
Post a Comment