Okay where to start? Well first of all let's discuss the revamped format with the judges. I am LOVIN it! Although, it is a sad case when Randy is the mean one on the program. I can tell that we are going to be hard pressed to get a negative comment out of Steven Tyler or JLo. But, I do like the friendly version MUCH better than Simon. Although I loved his blatant honesty, I do think it is not the best thing to crush the whole being of a 15 year old. And, is it just me or do we not just have a full out love affair with Steven Tyler?? Don't you just love that he is 1/2 rocker and 1/2 grandpa. Also his reading glasses just bring joy to me! He is the bomb diggity of the show this year! As some of you may know last year while vacationing in Maui I was lucky enough to breathe in the presence of ST in person at the Croc store. Dave leans over to me while in the store and says "hey we know that guy". I look over and see what looks to be like a homeless transvestite and say "I don't think so!" Then after a second we realize that it is yes THE ST! He is angry as all get out that they don't carry 1/2 sizes in the plastic hoof known as the Croc. But although Dude did indeed look like a lady...it is still my claim to fame!
Okay so on to the contestants. I don't know what to say about it this year except that my prediction is a guy will win again. The girls are not my fav so far and my favorite female performer was already kicked off - Lauren the curly haired house cleaner. So let's start off with my least favorite which was definately AshtHon Jones. Why did they pick this girl??? My sister had an awesome thought which was, the bigger the hair the better chances they have. I think it must be true because to me she doesn't have much talent. She looked beautiful though in her dress and her hair was definately big!
Next up we have Casey Abrams. I totally love this guy! I was interested to hear last night from Seacrest that they have "free haircuts" if you are a contestant. So I am wondering why he hasn't lined up for his yet? And I do often think about how in the heck they are going to make over that dude, but I guess the make overs come a bit later and whoever does give him a make over should get a bonus. BUT, he is really talented and I love him and his voice!
Haley Reinhart is just too much for me. Although yoddeling is always charming..NOT! She is WAY to overtly trying to be sexy and to me trying to be sexy isn't sexy! But of course Dave likes her. Hmm..... Onto Jacob Lusk.. you've got to like this guy just for his overtly dramatic sensibilities! I am not much for the music that he is singing, but as far as the drama, you have to give him props! I could tell he and I could be friends if we met at a Mac make up counter. But I don't think the poor dude can win, because he is not everyones cup o' tea. Also poor Karen Rodriguez last night looked good but didn't sound good. That song absolutely swallowed her up. I almost couldn't hear her over the orchestra. She is a great amateur singer, but I don't think ready for the big time yet.
Up next the dancers of the program.... Naima Adedapo and Paul McDonald. Mostly what I have say about these two is...WHAT THE??? Naima's song could have been cool in some repects if she had enough breath to actually finish each line. Although no one can ever do Umbrella justice except for the one and only Rhianna (Check out the Travis Barker Mix on itunes....holla Schteve!) And the lighting stage effects...WOW that was amazing ;-) And Paul McDonald I'm not sure I quite get him or his dancing or his song choices or his voice or his outfits! He is just VERY interesting. We will see what happens to him over the course of the next few weeks, will he conform or just get weirder, that is the question?
Now onto Scott McCreery and Thia Maghia. I feel bad for these guys because they are so young. I think they could have a future if they were maybe like 5 years older. Being in a competition like this at 15 and 16 to me is just too young. And they are making the 25 year olds look ancient! But they are talented albeit still to awkward. Scott McCreery has a good voice and is talented if you choose not to watch the screen while he performs. The side mouthed singing is WAY to much for me. Dave and I already decided that he looks like the kid from Mad TV...
The only thing going for him is the classic country bit which is very cool and retro. Reminds me of Dave when I first met him. Yes on our first date he wore a SNAPPED front shirt and played me George Strait in his Ford Taurus. Love it!Now Thia Megia I am not a fan off because she seems too "plastic". Like everything is too rehearsed and rigid. I was not down with her "Smile" rendition last night and of course she picked what she thought was a MJ song. Funny how she did that since they have told her she has an MJ tone for several weeks. Also she looked like she was falling asleep when they were critiquing her. Wake up THIA!
Let's end this all on a positive note. Some of my favs! It's hard to believe that there could be 2 people in a nationwide competition whose names are Thia and Pia but there is! And I enjoyed the later one, Pia! She seriously brought it last night dawg! I am not usually a fan of the Whitney, Mariah wanna be types but she was WAY GOOD!! I loved it! Props Pia!! I also love Lauren although I didn't think she did that well last night and whoever was dressing her needs some spectacles cause they made her look dumpy on top of a boring song. But hopefully she will stay in cause she deserves it! I also love Stefano and am so happy they kept him in! He really is a great little power house. I don't know what he was singing last night because I can still not figure out what song that was, but it was good! Also I think Seacrest loves him because now there is someone shorter than him actually on the show! And of course let's end with my fav.. James Durbin!! This kids rocks! Not to mention the obstacles he is overcoming and that he has killer style! I love this dude! He is like a more likeable version of Adam from last season. He has a similar style but not has flamboyant in your face and not has screamy and just overall more cool! Love this guy and hope if he doesn't win he will stay around for a long time because he is keeping me interested in the show.
Okay friends you gots to love American Idol and I will be back each week to update my thoughts, cause I know you care! So keep checking it out. And feel free to comment your love our hate for what I say! And my video for the week below in case you missed it, the outrageous stylins of Naima that leaves you sayin.....What the???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1BZFEPrR9Q



3 comments:
He TOTALLY looks like the kid from mad tv!!! I am in love with Steven Tyler. I never understood what all of the hype was over him, but now I know. I love how he hugs everyone like they are his grandma. So cute. Quite the teenager in the hormone dept too, LOL! I love Lauren, pia, James, Paul, wait what am I saying, I love them all except Karen. I didn't think she was good enough to make it to the finalists portion. She is just ok.
Word!!!! You still got it yo! This was by far the best part of my day. Mad TV - GIRL you are so right on that one. I had never thought of it, but so choice.
My two favs are Pia and James. I will be surprised if they aren't the final two. Bold prediction I know. And I must confess Naima was HORRIBLE!!! I was so excited when they announced her song but it fell flat dawg. Terrible. She's not ready for the big leagues.
Prediction: Karen is going home tonight.
My prediction was wrong. But the big hair did not appear to save Ashton. Hair can only get you so far - words to live by. :)
Post a Comment