We did a tree again this year in my Mom's honor for the Festival of Trees which is a charity that donates 100% of the proceeds to Primary Children's Medical Center. What a neat thing for us as Mom's daughters to do this tree in her name and serving others at the same time. Not to mention that I have a total blast being with my sisters for a day. We had so much fun figuring out the best design, tying bows, cutting wire, and yes even straightening the tree over and over and over again! But it turned out so beautifully and when it is finished it is such a sense of accomplishement!! And my Mom's picture totally adds the extra touch of beauty and class to the entire tree. The title and theme of our tree was "Gifts of a Mother's Love". We did a traditional color scheme and the tree had lots of presents gifts and bows on it. And actually none of the pictures do it justice at all!! Our tree sold for almost 3 times the amount we had paid to make it (actually my dad's company sponsored the tree again this year-Thanks Top Stop!!) and we were all really proud and excited. The cutest little preggo lady bought it and was going to put it in her house. It feels like a piece of my Mom's love and refinement going out into the world. Each time I have left the tree at the end of Festival I feel saddness and loss, but I feel so excited to stand back and look at all the good we did, and to look and feel how proud my Mom would have been and how blessed I was to have her in my life. And in some way the tree represents her and our love and it goes out and on to others. I know it is small and simple but in a way the tree represents to me that my Mom was here, that she lived and loved, and what she represented. I love doing it and hopefully we can continue for as long as we can deal with it! We already have ideas for next year! ;-) Love you sisters who all did this together! It was awesome! (thanksf or the pics from Catherine! My camera cord to the computer has gone missing! UGH!)

My sister in law Aimee, Catherine, me and Dad.
Cute chair we had next to the tree.






12 comments:
Oh, the pictures really don't do it justice! They never do. But it was such a blast doing it. I can't even tell you how much I loved it this year!! Thanks for all the organizing and storing you did girl! You're the best. Mom would love our tree...and I agree that the best part is sending out a piece of Mom into the world. So neat. Love ya girl!
Your tree really was one of the prettiest and that is the truth! You did an amazing job - I am really proud of you and your sisters! By the way, you look so much like your sister!
Oh I wish I could've seen it in person! It looks so beautiful!
It's true, the pictures don't do it justice. Thanks so much for organizing everything. It was another success! I'm already looking forward to next year, and another whole day of a break from routine and sitting around summing it up while we decorate. Love you!
I'm so glad you posted pictures so we could at least get an idea! It is beautiful; so are you! And I know your mom is so proud of you. :)
Margs that was an awesome night! And your tree was the best tree there. Next year will be even better!
I was going to tell you that your tree was on the isle right next to the one I was volunteering on! It was such a pretty tree!
Soooo gorgeous!! What a great thing you guys do....amazing! You guys definitely don't disappoint. I'm sure Toni is one proud mama. Are you ready for us tomorrow?:)
The tree is BEAUTIFUL! I wish I was in town long enough to see it.
Beautiful tree, Margie!! ((((HUGS))))
You did such a beautiful job! There is so much hard work put into it-what an accomplishment, I know your mom is so proud of you girls!!!
Margaret-
You girls are an absolute wonder! Words cannot express what I observe as I look in who you Larson girls all are...what you stand for, the pillars of strength you are to each other and to the rest of your family. Your mom is beaming up in heaven I know. What an awesome job she did in raising you and what tremendous mothers you all are in raising your own families. Another beautiful tree! Your talent stretches far beyond my imagination! Hope your holidays have been wonderful!
Love,
Kim
Post a Comment