Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Matthew!


Matthew turned 7 last week! We had a few days of celebration. I just can't believe that it has been 7 years since the day he was born! That was the best day and worst day of my life. Long horrible labor with complications and a NICU stay for Matthew the first day. But what a miracle it was that we were able to bring him to this earth. After 3 long years of trying and with IVF we got our sweet Matthew. He truly is a joy to parent! He has the best vocabulary that I have heard in a child, one of my favorites is his use of "perhaps" and "shall". And he is friendly to everyone and full of life. He reminds me so much of Dave actually. Everytime I see Matthew enjoying life and having fun I think of his baby blessing that Dave gave him where he blessed him to "always have happiness and be happy for the success of others" This truly is Matthew! Anyway, we were able to celebrate a few times during the week and were able to have a party with a few friends at Chuck E Cheese (the single most scarey place I have EVER been to in my life!! If you have never been there, count yourself lucky!) We even had to drag along my sister Catherine so that we wouldn't loose any of them, poor Cathi! I am truly thankful for Matthew in my life. He has taught me so much. He really is a miracle and I try to tell him that every day! Happy Birthday Buddy!





2 comments:

Catherine said...

Very good times! Happy birthday Matthew (or Mathew according to Chucky Cheese)! That was a very fun day actually...so no "poor Cathi". I loved being able to tag along.

Andrea said...

I love the Darth Vader cake--cool. Chuck E. Cheese sounds a little dicey, but probably fun for the kids. It's true--Matthew is such a happy kid, gotta love that!